CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Monday, July 11, 2005

July 2005 Entries

Monday, July 11, 2005 2:03 PM CDT

Alicia is doing fine now.

We had a big scare Friday. A man who live in the apartment next to Erika( Alicias mom) He picked her up and dropped her on her head. He had been drinking and was very intoxicated. We took Alicia to the hospital and they admitted her right away. They did a CT scan on her and there was no bleeding, she did have a concusion. It took the nurses almost two hours and twelve sticks before they could get an IV in Alicia, they finally had to put it in her foot. My Twin sister had to hold her down, so now Alicia is very upset with her and won't even let her hold her. I hope she forgives her soon. My sister loves her very much.

Good news, While in the hospital her platelet count went up to 61,000.

I'll update mor later. I am very tired. Hospital stays can wear you out even if it was only for 2 days.

Your Friend
Michelle


Thursday, July 7, 2005 12:40 AM CDT

Hello to all my new friends,

I am sorry I haven't updated you all on how Alicia has been doing. There hasn't been much change. Her Platelet counts have continued to drop, the last count was lower than the last. We have an appointment with Dr. Rosen on July 13th. They will probably schedule her Biopsy then. Dr. Rosen is her Hemotologist here in Wichita.

We went to the lake for the 4th of July. Alicia had a blast, it was her first time. She didn't go to sleep till real late I think it had to do with sleeping in a tent for the first time.

We are getting real excited about camp. There's only 36 days left!!!!! I am really looking forward to meeting everyone.

I will keep you posted on Alicia's counts. God Bless everyone who has given me their support.

Your Friend
Michelle

0 comments: