CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Friday, May 30, 2008

May 2008 Guestbook Entries

HI Michelle,
I am so glad that Alicia went well through her surgery. What an incredible platelet count after the transfusion! Hehe. Don't worry, it is very normal for children to yell, scream and be distressed in the recovery room. The anaesthetic changes their demeanor and they do that....Isaac has done that after surgery as well and it is quite distressing to witness.
Well done for getting through another day my love.
Love Charisse
(FA Adult)

Charisse Howard-Jones/The Prayer Bears
Adelaide, SA Australia - Saturday, May 31, 2008 9:02 PM CDT


Michelle,
YOU hang in there. We are praying for you both. I am happy to hear that Alicia did well with her central line. I am praying for you both, God is with you. We will try and see you when we are in Cincy on June 9th. Tell Alicia that Sarah said HELLO. She misses her and wants to see her.
We will pray and be with you all the way through this.

Love,

Lori
www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahp


Lori Petersen
Painesville Twp, OH - Saturday, May 31, 2008 8:36 PM CDT

Michelle,
YOU hang in there. We are praying for you both. I am happy to hear that Alicia did well with her central line. I am praying for you both, God is with you. We will try and see you when we are in Cincy on June 9th. Tell Alicia that Sarah said HELLO. She misses her and wants to see her.
We will pray and be with you all the way through this.

Love,

Lori
www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahp


Lori Petersen
Painesville Twp, OH - Saturday, May 31, 2008 8:35 PM CDT

Thanks for the update Michelle. I am glad the central line is in. It sounds like Alicia is doing very well, and her Grandma did a great job as well! You are all in our thoughts and prayers! Love, John, Dianne and Michelle
Dianne Ploetz
- Saturday, May 31, 2008 12:38 AM CDT

Hi Michelle,
well done on getting through the next lot of appointments and blood draws. I can imagine that having the central line will be a reality check and I wait to hear how you both went with that. Alicia is being such a brave girl! You are being such a brave grandma! How is Erika and the new baby?
I will be constantly checking for more updates.
Love Charisse
(FA Adult)
http://charissejournal.blogspot.com

Charisse Howard-Jones/The Prayer Bears
- Friday, May 30, 2008 9:19 PM CDT

Hang in there guys! I remember how sick I felt when I saw Erin's central line for the very first time. But, I can tell you this -- very quickly we came to LOVE that thing! Erin went over a year without having one "owie" or "poke" -- and that took all of the fear out of her hospital/doctor visits. She actually came to enjoy our visits with the doctors and nurses. Hang in there. Remind yourself that this is the first step toward Alicia's new, healthy life! We're keeping you in our prayers.

- the McKee Family (oh/erinmckee)

Barbara McKee
Bethel, OH US - Friday, May 30, 2008 2:57 PM CDT

You did it! The first day accomplished! I am still praying for you guys as you go on this journey. I will keep my prayer group here in Australia informed.
Love ya,
Charisse
(FA Adult)

Charisse Howard-Jones/The Prayer Bears
Adelaide, SA Australia - Thursday, May 29, 2008 5:40 PM CDT

Congratulations on getting to Ohio safely and starting this new chapter in Alicia's life! My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I am smiling thinking about Alicia riding that bike up and down the hallways. It reminds me of her at outside recess at Caldwell.
Jill Allison
Kechi, KS USA - Thursday, May 29, 2008 10:33 AM CDT

When Wesley gets crazy and runs around like a monkey I just tell myself that it's good he has such a spicy, spunky attitude. They all need it to fight the battle. Hugs!
Kristin Young
Gorham, me usa - Wednesday, May 28, 2008 3:32 PM CDT

Hey Michelle and Alicia,

Thanks for the update. You are in our thoughts and prayers! Love, John, Dianne and Michelle

Dianne Ploetz
- Wednesday, May 28, 2008 10:38 AM CDT

You & your family our in our thoughts & prayers.
Candice Behm
Portland, OR USA - Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:16 AM CDT

Hello Alicia . We followed the link from our friend Emma's page . We will be praying for you that everything goes well with your transplant . Its really neat , we have the same last name :>)

www.caringbridge.org/visit/margaretreed1

Tracy
Corry , PA - Tuesday, May 27, 2008 11:09 PM CDT

Hi! This is Emma Clifton's aunt, Siouxsie. I just heard about sweet Alicia heading into transplant. Our prayers and best wishes are with all of you, especially as you deal with the added difficulty of Mom not being able to be there. We look forward to updates that will hopefully be stories of a smooth, successful transplant. With love from Texas!!
Siouxsie Elieson
Anna, TX USA - Tuesday, May 27, 2008 8:08 PM CDT

Hi there,
You don't know me, but I am a volunteer up at Camp Sunshine. I have been following your website as well as many other of the FA kids, but I wanted to write a note letting you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Sending my best wishes,
Erica

Erica Finegan
Worcester, MA - Tuesday, May 27, 2008 6:56 PM CDT

We will check on you everyday and I can't wait to have my dancing partner back again at camp soon.

Hugs,
Kristin Young (Wesley's mom)

Kristin Young
Gorham, me - Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:35 AM CDT

Michelle,
I am with you my love...praying and checking on you and supporting you.
Love Charisse

Charisse Howard-Jones/The Prayer Bears
Adelaide, SA Australia - Tuesday, May 27, 2008 8:27 AM CDT

Michelle,

Know we are praying for you all! Hang in there and keep us posted!

Blessings and Bear Hugs,

Donna Boggs, Papa Bear’s Site
Coeburn, VA - Tuesday, May 27, 2008 7:04 AM CDT

Michelle, first I want to let you know that the whole family is in my prayers. Second, congratulations to Erica on the arrival of baby Jayshon.
http://www.freewebs.com/prayerbears
http://heatherrain.livejournal.com

Jennifer, a Texas prayer bear
Bridgeport, Texas - Saturday, May 24, 2008 1:16 AM CDT

Hi Alicia and grandma! I just wanted to let you know that I just happened to check your web page today -- and I had no idea you were heading to Cincinnati for transplant so soon! I met you last year at the FA Family Conference at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. My daughter, Erin, underwent a bone marrow transplant in Minneapolis for FA in May of 2005. We received all of Erin's follow-up care at Cincinnati Children's Hospital (we live about 30 minutes from Cincinnati Children's hospital) and we really love Dr. Davies! She helped us through some tough times, and she is wonderful. Keep the faith! Cincinnati Children's Hospital is a leader in Bone Marrow Transplants for FA children -- they do an excellent job, and they will take VERY good care of Alicia. You will be in our prayers in the days and weeks to come.

-the McKee Family (oh/erinmckee)

Barbara McKee
Bethel, OH US - Monday, May 19, 2008 1:42 PM CDT

Hello Alicia,
Hope all is well with you. We will be in Cincy at the same time of yoiur transplant. WE Will see you then. You hang in there all are prayers are with you and the family.

Michelle and Ericka Happy Mothers Day !

Love,
Lori and Sarah (FA-A)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahp

Lori & Sarah Petersen
Painesville Twp, OH - Sunday, May 11, 2008 10:45 AM CDT

Happy Mother's Day weekend! Love, Dianne
Dianne Ploetz
St. Paul, MN - Friday, May 9, 2008 10:58 AM CDT

Hey Alicia and Michelle!

Hope you are all ok! Hang in there and keep us posted! Know we are praying for you all!

Blessings and Bear Hugs,

Donna Boggs, Papa Bear’s Site
Coeburn, VA - Tuesday, May 6, 2008 12:02 AM CDT

0 comments: