CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Monday, January 18, 2010

Results from Cincinnati

Mommy Daddy, Dominic ( Anshons oldest son ) and Alicia


Alicia and Dazzsha ( anshons youngest daughter )




There really is not much change. Alicia's GVHD in her mouth is still horrible. I am very concerned, it has been there several months now and I have not seen much improvement. She is still on the same amount of Steroids, Dr Davies said it will be a while before she starts any weins. She also got a Bolus of Steroids while we were there but it didn't seem to help either. Dr Davies said as long as she is eating and drinking then it will take a while to get her mouth back to normal. The eating issue is no problem though, Alicia eats non stop all day it seems. I did have a meeting with a Dietitian, Amy, and she let me know the best way to keep Alicia away from sugar and carbs because of her high Glucose.






One question I did ask was how long would it be until we didn't have to come every month and the answer to that was we would have to come every month for at least the next six months, she also said that Alicia would not be starting school this fall but she did say we will be able to go to Camp Sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy to hear that. She said everyone there is a lot more cautious. We are sooooo excited. Denise and her daughter Cassie are going with us. Denise has always been such a huge support for us and her and Alicia are very close so I am glad she will be coming with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!








Our trip home was way more smoother than the way there. The fog was pretty bad but we made it sage

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update and pics! Sorry her mouth is still such a mess! Hope it clears up soon!!!!!!!!
Lifting up prayers right now!
Psalms 37:23-24 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Praying in Seattle!
Psalms 37:39-40 But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble. And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm here praying!
Psalm 90:1-4: He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Continuing to lift up prayers!
Psalm 91:1-2, 4: He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust...He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Psalm 91:14-15 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Praying as always!
Psalm 61:1-4: Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Praying for your family right now.
Psalm 62:5-8 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Prayer Bears
My email address