CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Monday, September 13, 2010

3infections later

The Mri went good and they found access for another picc in her right arm. The MRI also showed a lesion on her 7the right rib but the docs don't seem to worried. They are just goning to keep a close eye on it and do more frequent scans. I am worried though so it definitely wont be put on the back burner.

In the mean time all of her cultures are coming back positve for gram pos rods. They ha vent identified the type of bug it is yet but the 5th 6th 7th 8th and 9th are positive.  Her central line was pulled on the ninth and replaced with the picc  So far all cultures from the picc are negative. I pray they stay that way or the picc comes out also.

Her spirits are pretty good as long as I have spaghetti for her. I am on my third batch. I have to go to the RMH and cook it, she does not like the one on the menu. She also gets pretty mad if any calls her Alicia, she isw now Princess and she will not answer to anything but Princess. That is something my mom started and NeNe and it has went way overboard. O well if thats what makes her happy.

We will probably be inpatient another two weeks and then out patient A couple of weeks also. I JUST WANT TO GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

She misses Mommy and Daddy real bad. She talks to them every night from her cell phone. YES she has a cell phone. NeNE gets the worst of it though cause she calls her every morning when she wakes up and they are an hour ahead in Kansas.


So the plan for us is to hurry up and wait. Hopefully no more positive cultures come!!!!!!!

Mee-Ma

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm continuing to pray!
Psalms 57:1-2 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast. I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Isaiah 25:8-9 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it. And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

What comfort these words give! Praying!
John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Praying hard right now!
Isaiah 41:13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm always here praying!
Psalms 33:20-22 Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name. Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

So glad you're home!!!!!!!!!
No matter what happens, know that the Lord IS working. Praying!
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Continuing to lift up prayers!
Romans 8:33-34 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to let you know that I'm always here praying!
Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Continuing to lift up prayers!
1 John 4:9-10 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

The thought of the Lord being our shepherd is such great comfort! Praying!
Psalms 23:1-3 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Philippians 3:9-11 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

These words are so very comforting! Praying in Seattle!
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Lamentations 3:21-26 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm always here praying!
Psalms 46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
Prayer Bears
My email address