CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Almost "8"

I can not believe that my baby girl is almost "8" years old... there were so many times I doubted that she would make it this far but I proven wrong. God is good!!!!!! I know it has been a long time since I updated, we lost a little boy named Nicholas from FA and I have been kinda depressed. His family is very dear to me.

2 weeks and she will be "8".  We leave for Cincinnati next week to see Doc Davies and I so hope we make it back home before her Birthday. We are set to come back on the 15th and her Birthday is the 18th... so close.

She is doing very good at this point. We are on a roll and have not been admitted in a month. (knock on wood) She is still on every med and has not been weened off any. She is still getting Chemo (Rituximab) every week and fluids every night and High Steroids and Bacterium and Antibiotics and Seizure med and Tacro and Blood pressure med. My kitchen looks like an actual Pharmacy. 

She was so cute on Halloween. She was a little witch. I will post pictures as soon as I get to Cincy and Tina helps me. (love ya girl).

Shel

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys in my constant thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the update!! Dianne

Anonymous said...

Glad she's doing so well.
Will always miss Nicholas....
Praying!
Hebrews 6:17-20 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Lifting up prayers right now!
Isaiah 25:4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Praying!
2 Samuel 22:7 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
Prayer Bears
My email address