CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Monday, November 3, 2008

Day +137

Yes the picture is of Alicia in the hospital..............................................................

It wasn't a long stay though so I am not marking it down as a set back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alicia woke up Sunday morning with a nose bleed so we had to go and get admitted for a short while and get some Platelets. She is fine though. The weird thing is that when they sis a Cbc on her that her platelets actually came up for the very first time. They were at 29,000 on Friday so I was so sure they were way lower since she had a nose bleed but they came back at 34,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very excited. We won't know if they actually are growing on their own now for a couple of weeks since she had to get transfused but I have high hopes now. And Yes Theo was there with her for her short stay also.

Today we had a Clinic visit and it went quite well also, I am so loving updating with all good news now instead of all negative like it has been. Alicia was very cooperative this morning with the Doctors and Nurses. They only trick to that was they had to let Alicia take their Blood Pressure and Temperature when they took hers.

Tomorrow is the day that the Home Health Nurse comes here to do her transfusions and she will also have school and Therapy, at least it is here and not at the Hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 more days til Erika will be here. I am so ready to see my grandsons that I am dreaming about it at night now. I also miss Erika so much. I can not wait to just go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The four of them will be here early Friday afternoon. I am going to suck up every moment I have will all of them. Anshon is such an awesome Daddy and Alicia loves him sooooooo much.

I can not believe Alicia will be 6yrs old in 14 days. That is really throwing me for a loop. She is getting so big.

I will end this with a picture of Alicia and Dora, Yes she still loves Dora although Sponge Bob has taken alot of her time but she is still a HUGE Dora fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankful the hospital stay wasn't long....hopefully that's the LAST ONE!
Know that I'm always here praying!
Psalms 116:6-9 The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me. Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee. For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling. I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that it was a very short hospital stay. Keeping you all in my prayers. Dianne