CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day +143

OK Today was the day I could not take it any more. For some reason after the third time in 30 minutes I finally said enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was smiling when I said this, and I tried to be as nice as I could be, but I had had it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I kinda felt sorry for the nice man for being the one to finally push me over the edge but he understood LOL. Very politely I said " SHE IS A GIRL!!!!!!"

For the past two weeks it seems like everyone that passes by Alicia keeps say comments like "Hi little Fella" or " What a cute little Boy" or "How old is your Son" or this is the one that finally put me over the edge "Hey there little Guy"

At first when it started happening I just smiled and thought "O well they don't know, it is not their fault. Even on Halloween when they were passing out Trick or Treat bags the little girls got a Princess one and they gave Alicia a Spiderman. I just took it without saying anything because she had her own that we were using anyway, but "NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I am correcting everyone from now on. LOL

One time she was even dressed in all PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With her PINK light up shoes. And her PINK DORA coat, and PINK hat. I think all of the PINK would of gave it away but it didn't LOL. Little kids come up to me and ask me if "My little boy can play".

Thank you everyone for letting me vent. Alicia my GrandDAUGHTER is demanding my attention. She is still doing very well and is getting very excited about seeing Mommy and Daddy in 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle,
I understand what you are saying...and I am sure that the man could as well. Alicia is such a beautiful girl. Have a good night. Dianne

Charisse said...

I completely understand, Michelle. I would think that the man would totally understand and probably feel a little silly...it is good to correct them I think...and for Alicia's sake :-)
Love Charisse

Lynn said...

Aw I'm sorry....for what it's worth I've had people call me "sir" most of my life. No matter what I wear, how long my hair is...but can't understand how anyone could look at that beautiful face and call her a "he" is beyond me!
Continuing to pray so hard!
Psalms 28:6-7 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Prayer Bears