CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Monday, November 17, 2008

Day +151

This weekend went very well. Alicia had the time of her life, but I am exhausted!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was soooooo glad to finally see my grandsons. Lil Anshon smiled so big when he seen me so my fear of him forgetting was smashed at the beginning. He is getting so big. He was quite jealous of Mommy and Alicia though. Every time he seen Alicia kiss "his" Mommy then he wanted a kiss and when Alicia was sitting in "her" Mommy's lap he wanted in Mommy's lap. It was so cute to watch. Jayshon is soooooo cute. He cries alot(very spoiled) all you have to do is pick him up and he is just fine. NOT!!!!!!! He has the cutest smile, I am going to miss them both so much.
Friday did get off to a pretty bad start. I would tell you why but I am sure Erika will be mad. (oh well, she missed her flight shhhhhhh ) They ended up only being two hours late so it was not bad at all. I decided to get a room next to theirs so Alicia could spend every minute with Erika as she could. It worked out great, I brought all of Alicia's meds to the room for the weekend and her Mommy was right next door. We didn't get her out, we went and bought food at the store and cooked so it was nice that the hotel had a kitchen in each room.
Saturday we all took turns going out to shop for Alicia's Birthday while one stayed at the hotel with the kids. Alicia even ate a lot better when Mommy and Daddy were here also. She also asked a lot of questions like when me and her could go fly, and she told Erika that she would be home soon and all of this was just out of the blue. I know she is feeling like she is ready to go home. Hopefully that will be soon.
Sunday was the best day ever. We had a little party for her and she was sooooooo happy. She Loved her Sponge Bob party ( thanks Allen and Laurie) The Hope for Henry Foundation sent her a Birhtdayn a box and they even sent her her very own first ipod downloaded with all sorts of Sponge bob and Dora movies. she loves it!!!!!!
I also want to say thank you to everyone who sent her cards and gifts. Alicia loves everything. I want to thank Dianne, John and Michelle for the many gifts and cards from family as well as the 2nd grade class at St Jacobi School. And thank you Peg for the Starbucks card and the cards from your class as well and thanks to our church back home, First Wesleyan, for coolest banner you all made Alicia and the pictures of the kids, Alicia has looked at them a million times. And thanks to Tina and her family for the awesome gifts you sent her and to Nikki and Sam she loved the baby doll ( i think she has already hooked up a central line to it ) and Thanks to Emily for the cutest stuffed animal, (she named it Hot Dog by the way ) And thanks to Roxanne, She has lipstick in almost every pants pocket now, lol. She loved the Hannah Montana Microphone. And a special thanks to Reid. You are an awesome friend and I know you already know that Alicia loved your gift, please tell Tricia thank you also. She also got so many cards, she loved the one you made Wesley, thank you. And thanks to Lynn, Holly, Emily, Bobbie, Chloene and Prince, Karen, Suzanne, Russ Ben and William, the Norlein Family, Dianne John and Michelle, Carol (Alicia loved the picture of your family, thanks) and oh yeah to Mia also 9 that is Abby's doll.
I hope I did not for get anyone, If i did i am sorry and thanks.
Tomorrow ( actually it is today here now) my best friend will be 6 years old. I am looking at her sleep as I am writing this and I am in such an awe. What 6 year old child should have to go through so much?????? The Lord has made us so strong through all of this, and I owe praise to him for the wonderful 6 years I have spent with her, and o the many more I hope to endure also.
She truly my heart and I owe so much to everyone reading this for making her Birthday sooooo special.
My family is probably saying "why did she not mention us in her thanks" well that is because when Alicia wakes up we are going to open her presents on her Birthday for you. You all know I would not be able to make it through this without your support so your thanks will come after tomorrow when we celebrate her BIRTHday.
But most of all Thank you soooo much Erika and Anshon. I know the problems you went through to get here for your baby, but you truly made her smile. She went to bed telling me that we are coming home soon and the both of you are who she is fighting to come home to. Thank you for everything this weekend!!!!!!
Well we are back to the routine after tomorrow. The Home Health nurse will be here to change her dressing and get labs tomorrow, then IVIG on Wednesday and Friday to Day Hospital for her other infusion. Dr Davis did switch her IVIG to only one a week and she changed her other med ( the one she reacted to) to oral so that took a couple of long days away from having to go to the hospital ( another step towards home!!!!) I will update how everything goes as soon as I find out. Thanks again everyone. I will close with a few pictures form her party, but I have a lot more and will post them soon.





2 comments:

Charisse said...

Happy Birthday Alicia! It sounds like you have had a wonderful time! You deserve it my love! I enjoyed hearing about your day!
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALICIA!!!!!!