CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day +153

First off I would like to Thank Laurie and Allen again for sending Alicia the Birthday in a box. She had TWO Sponge Bob Birthdays thank to the Hope For Henry Foundation. Thank You Sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I would also like to thank my family for the wonderful gifts you sent Alicia. Mom I do not know what I would do without you!!!! I left home almost six months ago knowing that if ever I needed anything all I had to do was call. You have been a huge support to Alicia and I and she LOVED the makeup and doggy. I love you Mom.


Kelli, thank you so much for making sure all of your kids called Alicia. She got so excited every time she heard the phone ring and she knew it was someone else wishing her a happy birthday. I also want thank you for always being there for me when I need someone to talk to. I bet some times when I am on the phone you are probably thinking when will she ever shut up, I always feel better after talking to you. Thanks.


And last but not least, Denise, Thank you so much for being the Hugest support in my whole entire family. You have showed me what unconditional love truly means. I have heard you cry so many tears over Alicia and I and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for always being there for us. Alicia LOVED the walkie talkie's and she is so excited about seeing you in four days, and to play the game you bought her ( and she is really looking forward to putting the make up to use that mom got lol) Hurry and get here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I also want to thank Tina and Keith for this cute chair they sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Alicia had quite a busy day. It started about 6:30 am, YES I SAID 6:30. The construction workers were literally at my window this morning banging and banging so loud it even woke Alicia, and that is hard to do with her hearing loss. Around 8:30 Robin from Home Health was here to give Alicia her Ivig and draw labs. While Robin was here Paula, Alicia's new PT Therapist came and Alicia had a lot of fun. She is going to focus hard on working with Alicia on using stairs. Alicia is not able to go up stairs yet, she has not gained enough strength in her legs yet. Then Jim her OT Therapist came and Alicia totally loves him. He worked with her for about an hour ( on his day off ) and then we finally got a nap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we woke up there was a knock on the door and it was no other than Ronald McDonald him self. Alicia was so tickled. They went out in the lobby and played hide and seek and she even tried to bribe him into taking her to McDonald's. She had so much fun with him.


Tomorrow was supposed to be our day off but I got a call from the Nurse practitioner this evening and one of Alicia's Med levels are to high so they want me to skip her dose of Tackilumis ( which is in replace of the Cyclosporin that caused the seizure) and bring her into the clinic first thing in the morning for more labs. After that she will have a class with her tutor then hopefully the rest of the day is our to finally relax!!!!!

TOY DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Now I need to as a Huge favor. My very good friend Reid ( Abby's Mom ) which I have spoke about many times on our blog is starting what she is calling a Toy Drive What she is doing is try to collect as many new toys as possible before Dec 12th. All of the toys that she collects are going to be donated to the BMT floor at Cincinnati Childrens where Alicia and I spent over 120 days inpatient. They do have to be New and still enclosed in the original wrapper due to the children's immune systems are very compromised. Many of the toys will also be given to Child Life on the BMT floor. They are a wonderful group of people who Keep the kids entertained and supplies all of the toys the kids get to play with.

I am sitting here looking at all of the toys Alicia got yesterday and all weekend for her Birthday and I think to myself that this is just to much for one child. I sooooo would not give back the smiles I seen on Alicia's face when she opened each and everyone of them but I would be so willing to let another kid share the same smile when she would open it also. If any one is interested in helping you can see the wish list for the children on Abby's carepage. It is carepages/visit abbypatterson. The address where to send the toys are Reid Patterson 458 Four Mile Rd Cincinnati Oh 45230. Reid you can count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know this is my one way to pay back what was given to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't been by for a few days...oh the smile in those birthday pictures! Pure gold!
Continuing to pray so very hard!
Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE all the photos! It is so great that Alicia tried to get Ronald McDonald to take her to McDonald's!! Hope you guys have a great day. Love, Dianne

Lynn said...

Hope all's well there!
Stopping by to let you know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Prayer Bears