CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Monday, January 12, 2009

Alicia is doing a lot better. They took another chest x-ray yesterday afternoon and it seems her lungs are already clearing up. She is still fever free and all cultures are still negative. They have taken her off of two of the three antibiotics and as long as she behaves herself they will take the third one off tomorrow. STAY AWAY FEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She is totally driving me crazy about when we NE NE get here. I keep telling her she is in the airplane but she doesn't understand. HURRY NE NE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to the RMH tonight and getting some sleep so I am just as anxious as Alicia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today I drilled Alicia this morning on what I wanted her to say when Dr Bleesing walked in after rounds. She was to tell him that she loved his shirt and he was so nice and he was her best friend. Then she would throw in at the end "Can I please go home". She had it down to a tee. We roll played for over an hour. And guess what............................. He didn't come in the room after rounds. LOL He waited and came in three hours later...... JUST MY LUCK!!!!!!!!!! of course by then she had already forgotten what she was supposed to say. The Nurses just laughed at me. So I put plan B into action. I asked for window paint and this is what I did.............
Dr Bleesing walked by about 30 minutes after I was done and just shook his head and laughed. I hope he gets the hint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE let my people go!!!!!!!!!!
These words never cease to amaze me...praying so from Seattle right now!
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

How cute!!!
Praying that Alicia will soon be "mended" and be able to go on with her recovery.
Love,
Mary Ann