CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day +208

Just a quick update to let everyone know Denise made it here safely last night around 10pm. Alicia was so excited to see her. She yelled her name just as soon as she walked through the door. I hung out for about 30 minutes then left them two to catch up and I went to the RMH for some much needed rest. I finally slept ALL night in a REAL bed without being woke up several times. I have only slept in a bed three times in three weeks, with Christmas and being in the hospital. It felt GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!


More good news.................... Alicia is being discharged today.............. I believe they need the room but I am ok with it. She is doing great and NE NE is here so we can have some quality time together. Alicia will be isolated in her room but at least we have Ne Ne.


I will update more later. Thanks for all of the support.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear Alicia is able to go back to RMH, Denise arrived safely, and Michelle had a complete night of sleep!!! Love, Dianne

Kelly said...

Yay!! I am glad to read a little good news! Thinking and praying for you all!!

Blessings,
Kelly Bennett and Family

Anonymous said...

Glad for some good news. Hope you get every night sleep in a bed soon!
Stopping by to let you know I'm still praying!
Micah 7:7 Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

No update since Tuesday?! Hope everything's okay!
The Lord knows all the "whys" in our lives. Trust Him! Praying!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Prayer Bears
My email address