CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Friday, January 2, 2009

Day +197

All is still about the same in room 547. Alicia still has a very good attitude even though she is still in the hospital. She wakes up every morning and asks me if we are going to the rmh. My answer to her is, are you going to eat today? And her answer is aways, I can't my tummy is to big.


She has been on TPN now since Tuesday, I just hope her Liver numbers don't start to rise like last time. So far so good. They also started her back on NG feeds through her tube yesterday. They started them very slow at 5ml's per hour which is just enough to coat her stomach. Her Hemoglobin was also low yesterday at 7.o so she got some red cells yesterday. Her platelets continue to grow on their own. Yesterday they were up to 92,000 which excited me so much. Her Wbc is also great. It has finally came down which the Doc chalks up to the RSV virus she is fighting. Yesterday her WBC was 10.8.


Thank you again for the many prayers and support. I am very confident that 2009 will be a great year for Alicia, and the many other children and Adults fighting FA.

3 comments:

Charisse said...

I am glad things are plodding a long ok. I know Alicia will start eating when she feels up to it. When she feels a bit better.
Lots of love,
Charisse

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you...Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

Hope she's eating soon!
Hope only in the Lord! Praying in Seattle!
Lamentations 3:22-26 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
Prayer Bears
My email address