CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Monday, January 26, 2009

Day +221

Everything is still going good here in room 2 at the RMH. Alicia's attitude has been Awesome and every other word out of her mouth has "HOME" in it. I hope I didn't jump the gun by telling her we were going home soon but I am so excited as well.


Erika and Anshon will be here a week from Thursday and e are also excited about that. Robin, Alicia's Home Nurse is here giving her IVIG. Alicia and Robin get along so well now. It is going to be hard leaving all of my new friends when we go home. I have met some of the best people here in Cincinnati. These people are "True" friends and I am going to miss them so much. A lot of my friends have already left and went home and I miss them sooooooo Much. I am having Reid withdrawals LOL. I talk to Kelli and Nikki, Aylane and Reid by phone or e-mail but it is not the same as seeing them as I used to. I have also gotten close to a few people at the RMH and when I leave here I know I will miss them dearly also.


Alicia has a clinic appointment Friday so hopefully I will find out more details about us going home so I will let everyone know when I do. There is a lot that has to be put into order back home before we can actually leave since we can't come back and forth every two weeks like most kids do. I have faith though that it will all fall into place and we will be home soon.


A little boy named Dylan needs some extra prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had FA also and is having a very hard time. They found a mass behind his heart and his airway is being compromised. His web site is www.caringbridge/visit/dylanmoore Please keep his family in your prayers as you pray for Alicia as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Dianne

Anonymous said...

Yup...might have been a problem telling her this soon but oh wow it will give her something to look forward to!
Continuing to pray in Seattle!
Lamentations 3:22-26 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to let you know I'm still here praying!
Psalms 27:7-9 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
Prayer Bears
My email address