CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Day +104

Well not much change with Alicia still. She still seems to be doing much better, she is walking the halls alot with her friend Abby. She also LOVES Abby's brother and Daddy. She think Perry is sooooo funny.

Alicia still is not eating and is having problems with tummy alot. They did an x-ray yesterday and I am waiting for the Doctor to come in now and let me know the results with that. They did stop her feeds also again last night. I guess her little tummy is not ready yet. Although last night around 4am she did wake up and ask for a Hot Dog but go figure I did no have one to give her, I promised just as soon as she woke up I would get her one but once again her tummy was aching so she would not eat it.

They also did more cultures on Alicia yesterday, not because of a fever this time, she has been fever free for eight days now and four of those days she has been off Vancomycin. This time the cultures are because of her WBC and ANC doubled over night which is an indication that she could be fighting something. I still do not have the results from those cultures yet.

Her counts are very good though. Her WBC is 15.20 her HBG is 11.9 her Platelets are at 24,000 and her ANC is at 13.78. They have also done another Fish study on her to find out if she is still engrafted but I believe she is still at 100% donor.

The "D" word was once again mentioned. The last I heard she might me discharged the week of the 14th. That still seem sooooo far away and I know best that anything can happen in that amount of time. I am just truly glad that Alicia is doing as well as she is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alicia loves scary movies, she has for a very long time. The last couple of nights we have been watching scary movies because it is almost Halloween. I crawl in bed with her and we watch which ever movie she wants. Last night though we did not get all the way through it. We ended up in a wrestling match. Alicia won of course. It was so much fun to see her playing like her old self. She would stand up in bed and fall on my belly really hard and we would just giggle and giggle. Then we would play the tickle monster. I wen to sleep last night soooo happy that she was playing like her old self.

Please pray that Alicia's tummy starts to heal soon. I will let everyone know any results after I find out what they are.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the walking Alicia! You can do it!!! I hope your tummy starts healing soon. Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

I vote for Alicia to win all wrestling matches! Go! Go! Go!
Whooo hhooooo! She is definitely the winner! Hope that tummy gets better soon!

Blessings and Bear Hugs,

Lynn said...

Look to the Lord for strength, whatever the future holds! Oh how I'm praying!
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
Prayer Bears

Lynn said...

Wanting you to know that I'm still here praying!
Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
Prayer Bears