CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Monday, October 6, 2008

Day +109

Sorry about my update yesterday. As you can probably tell I was very frustrated. But today is a much better day.

WE HAVE A PLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yesterday after my updated during what was probably my most frustrating moment I e-mailed Dr Davies. She of course called me back and we chatted for a while. She is actually in Eugene OR at a FARF meeting. ( thanks Dr Davies ) I told her how I felt that there was no plan or at least I did not know of it if there was one for as far as us being able to change what needed to be done in working toward us moving to the next part of our Journey. I told her that it was very hard to hear Alicia cry to go home and to see her doing well and have no hope or plan in getting out of here. I told her even if the plan was five months from now that I would be OK with that just as long as I knew that there was a plan and everyone was on the same page. I felt alot better after I talked to her.

Well this morning when I woke up I thought to myself here we go again. I knew that it would be a new doctor on rounds and with the past it felt like we were starting over. So I went to rounds with my guns loaded ready for a fight. As soon as I walked out of the door the first thing that was said by the Doctor was "I heard you are ready to go home " she had a smile one her face as did everyone else that was in rounds. So I put my guns back up and i felt hope for the first ime in a long time again.

The plan is to start switching some IV meds to oral the next few days, to window her TPN and feeds and also to raise the feeds as to how much Alicia can tolerate. She will still be on three IV meds when we leave as well as four infusions a week which will have to be done in the Day Hospital, but our plan is to get out on MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes that is one week from today and I feel like this time it might be for real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So this week will be quite busy learning the new meds I will have to give her. I know we are both ready this time. Wish us luck!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am THRILLED there is a plan. Sending lots of prayers....Love, Dianne

Charisse said...

Whoo Hoo!!!! A Plan! This is so great! We are praying!
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE hearing that you've finally got a plan! that's wonderful!
These words are always so comforting to me. Praying that they are for you, too and know I'm always praying!
John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Keeping up the prayers for both of you!