CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day +116

The last three days have went by so fast. I have been so busy and unable to stop. I have made up my mind that we are going full force come Monday. Alicia is looking so forward to leaving ( yes she found out and she promised no fevers ). I figured all I can do is give it my best shot and if it is to much to handle than we can always come back. I know I can do it though. After going over the schedule they had made for me I moved times around and came up with Midnight to 6am for me to sleep and a few hours during the day for naps when needed. I get less sleep than that in here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Home Health has been working with me for two solid straight days. I think I have everything down but they will also spend three days with us at the RMH just to make sure. We also got a new room at the RMH. It is a transplant suite. I have been on the waiting list for four months now. They called me yesterday and offered it to me so I had to run over there and move everything from our old room to our new one. The new one is way better. Alicia has her own room and there is Internet and cable and it is alot bigger. I am soooo tired from moving everything but I still have to put it away. I just threw it all in the new room so I could get back to Alicia. I figured I would go over there tomorrow and try to at least get it out of the way for when I bring Alicia on Monday. Tina and Keith are going to help me move all that I have left in the hospital room tomorrow and then Monday it will just be getting Alicia over there.

Tuesday will be the only day I will not have to be at the hospital so that will give me alot of time to get everything situated before the busy days start on Wednesday.

Alicia has been feeling great. Today we left the room for a walk around 4pm. We were just going to get some candy out of the machine but it ended up being a very long walk. Alicia needed it and so did I. We even went outside to get some fresh air. Alicia walked the whole way. We only had to rest two times. She loves it when she is unhooked from all the meds and the pole. Here are a few pictures I took today..............




Of course she did not get to touch anything and we walked very slow but it did us both good to get off the BMT floor.

Alicia is also getting very excited for Mommy and Daddy to come back. I keep telling her they will be here right before her Birthday so now she keeps telling everyone that her Birthday is coming soon. ( how cute ) I can not wait to see the boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also found out a couple of days ago that Denise will be here the whole week of Thanksgiving with us. I was really dreading being alone on Thanksgiving. I am sooooo happy Denise will be here. I told her we might end up having sandwiches in the RMH room but at least we won't be alone. Hopefully she will be feeling better by then.

Well it is late and tomorrow is another busy day. I have a little more packing to do tonight and then ti bed for us. Thank you so much everyone for following Alicia's Journey. The prayers and support are very much needed to get through what we have so far and also what we have also ahead of us.

7 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow...116 days?! Can you believe you've been there that long? I was still pregnant when you went in and now I have a 2.5 month old baby. It's amazing.

That's great Alicia is doing so well. I can't imagine the burden of responsibility you are feeling right now with taking care of her - but it sounds like you're ready for it and are super excited for it. Now, if only Alicia can manage to keep her promise and have no fevers!

the photos are precious. She really reminds me of Emma...her build and everything. Wish we could give you guys a hug.

You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Teresa & Emma

Anonymous said...

Look at that attitude!
I'm not going to be able to stop by and sign in as often as I have. My husband has requested that I spend less time on the computer. I've been sending out an email daily with selected Scripture passages. If you'd like me to add you to the list just let me know at prayingprayerbear@gmail.com. If you ever want off the list, just let me know. This doesn't mean I'll pray any less. Will always be praying!
Psalms 18:1-3a I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised...
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

It's sooo great to see Alicia "unhooked" and looking great. Am glad things are working out and that you both were able to get outside.
You sound so ready for this next step.
With continued prayers and lots of love,
Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. It is great to see the new photos. I am so glad the two of you were able to have a nice walk! As always, you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Dianne

JAMAMUM said...

wow, alicia looks great! how exciting that things are going well!
we check in on you guys often, and love to read the updates.
love
Brooke, Paul and Jasper
(Australia)

Charisse said...

Wonderful news! Absolutely wonderful! I love the photos. You can tell that Alicia enjoys being unhooked!
Bless you Michelle! This is so great.
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

Whooo hooo! Looking good! Glad for the break from the hospital room! You can do it Michelle! Will be praying for extra strength and courage for you all!

Blessings and Bear Hugs,