CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Monday, October 27, 2008

Day +130

Its a VERY cold day here in Cincinnati. I had to bundle Alicia up real tight this morning for our trip to the Hospital. Winter is definatly very close.

Everything went well during her Clinic visit. We didn't get to see Dr Davies, Dr Joedel came and seen Alicia and told us that Dr Davies would be there with us on Friday. She did tell me that they all have been discussing the issue with Alicia's elevated Wbc and that they still are not to concerned about it seeming that she is still 100% donor cells. Today her Wbc was at 26.7. Once again I am a little frustrated. There has to be a reason it is this high, either good or bad there still has to be a reason. Hopefully when and if I get to see Dr Davies I will get some answers.

Tomorrow is another busy day. But at least we will not have to go out in the weather. The Home health nurse is coming here to the rmh to do Alicia's IVIG infusion. She also is having her first visit from Jim, her new OT therapist. I am glad she will be getting some therapy now, she is alot stronger but she still has alot to work on!!!!

Alicia also has been getting tutored once a week from a teacher here at the Rmh. Tomorrow she will be working with her in the morning before her other visits. Last week she gave her some home work and she was so happy tonight when I made her sit down and do it. She had to practice writing her name which she already does very well thanks to Mrs Allison, Alicia's teacher she has been with for the past two years.

Alicia also got a call today from Mrs Allison. She has been talking about her all day now since she talked to her this morning. Alicia has asked me a million times today to take her to school on the Bus, which means to her old school back home. Mrs Allison is the one who has taught Alicia all of her sign language. Thanks for the call Jill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday will also be another busy day for her. We have to be in Day Hospital for Platelets, they were at 33,000 this morning so it is most definite that she will need them Wednesday along with her Infleximeb infusion for her GVHD. Hopefully Thursday we will get to ourselves and then back to Day Hospital Friday for another round of IVIG and Ambison.

I can not believe it is almost November. The Holidays are just right around the corner. Alicia will be 6yr old in 22 days. My best friend is getting so big.

A couple of friends have already started sending cards to her, so now she is telling everyone it is almost her Birthday...... Every year I try to make her Birthday special but I am sure this one will be different since she will be away from home. I am sooooo glad her Mommy and Daddy and brothers will be here to celebrate it with her. We are planning on having a party for her on Sunday the 16th at 3pm if anyone just happens to be in Cincinnati ( yeah right ) She loves to get mail so My Family and friends are going to ask everyone to spread the word during the week of her Birthday if they will send a card to her. I so hope she gets alot I love to see her smile lately. If anyone can send one the address is Alicia Reed c/o RMH, 350 Erkenbrecher ave Cincinnati Oh 45229. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Know that I'm here praying!
Psalms 28:6-7 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Prayer Bears

Charisse said...

Sounds really cold! While it is getting cold for you guys, things are steaming up here. It was a hot day on Saturday.
I am sorry you didn't get your meeting with Dr Davies. However, it is positive news that they are not too worried since Alicia is still 100% donor cells :-) Still I hope you get to have your chat and you feel more satisfied.
Lots of love,
Charisse

Lynn said...

This verse has gotten me through a lot. Praying!
Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
Prayer Bears