CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Friday, October 3, 2008

Day +106

Alicia is still doing great in my eye's. We had a little rocky day yesterday, but this morning has been a good one so far. Alicia is still having alot of tummy pain but all of the tests for virus's or anything else has been negative so the Docs are still saying her gut needs time to heal. I keep hearing the words "Baby Steps" alot these days. I am OK with that though. If it takes another few months to heal I will be right beside her all of the way. She loves it when I rub her tummy, my hand gets so tired. I just lay in bed and rub her tummy for a long time. Usually we are watching a movie. She has been on a "Scary Movie" kick lately. Alicia loves scary movies and she never has night mares. She has been watching them since she was little. I know that sounds strange, and I was very against this at first but she loves them. I guess after what she has been through there is nothing more scarier. So if anyone has any suggestions on any new scary ones out let us know. She even loves the older ones. With Halloween coming I think we are going to try to have a marathon and watch one every night. She usually makes me close my eyes during the scary parts cause she is worried it might scare me. Si if any one has any send them our way!!!!!!!!
They have opted to slow her feeds down again because of her tummy. ( baby steps ) I even heard through the grape vine that we will probably be here another 2-3 weeks. She is walking very good still. I refuse to let another week or even a day go by without getting her out of bed and in the halls to walk. She loves meeting her friend Abby to walk but lately the last few days it has not worked out that way. Alicia got out in the afternoon yesterday and Abby in the evening. Alicia was with the therapist and so was Abby but it just happened to be different times. Here is Alicia during therapy yesterday..........

The last one was taken with a very good friend of mine I met here. Her son Anthony also has FA and he is on his 3rd transplant. She and Anthony are awesome people. Alicia loves Roxanne alot ( Roxanne is her name ) . Alicia also clicked very much with Abby's Dad and Brother Peyton. Peyton was Abby's donor. He is a HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We also had an episode a couple of days ago with Theo. He had to go home and take a bath cause his mommy called. When he left Alicia told him to hurry up and come back the next day. Well when she woke up that is the first thing she asked for. I went on a mission to find Theo but no one knew where he was. So instead she got to visit with Theo's brother Spike. Alicia looked at him very crazy when they brought him. She told the nurse he was not Theo. I snapped picture while he was here for the few seconds he was because Alicia was even more worried about Theo since his brother was here. Finally after about 30 minutes they found Theo and he was back in Alicia's care, as you can tell he is in the wagon in the picture with the Therapist yesterday. Here is Spike............................

Denise finally made it home from the hospital. She is still in a lot of pain but she is happy to be home!!!!!!!!!!! Erika is trying to find a way back up her again. She told me yesterday that she is hoping to be here next weekend again. I soooooooo hope it happens.

Thanks again once again for all of the prayers and support.

3 comments:

Charisse said...

I am glad that things are plodding along ok. baby steps is a good way to think about it.
Still praying,
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts your way. Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

May the Lord give you rest! Praying!
Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Prayer Bears