CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Sunday, October 19, 2008

Day +124

Things are finally getting a lot more calm down now. I am getting so much faster giving Alicia all of her meds and getting her hooked to her IV's. I have almost got it down to two hours, and now I even have the next morning ready and laid out so it saves time before we have to be at the hospital.
The RMH had a family here last night that had a little Halloween party for all of the family's. I was very nervous about letting Alicia come out of the room to go Trick or Treating but I decided if she had on a mask and gloves and stayed by me and did it quickly that she would be OK. It is so hard for someone her age not to be able to do anything but I know how easy she could get sick being around other kids. She had a blast and I am glad I let her go ( only for 15 minutes ). Here is a picture of her in her costume in the room without her mask before we went out.
Yes of course she was Sponge Bob. Alicia corrected me though every time I said she was Sponge Bob, she said " no mee-ma I am Sponge Bob SQUARE PANTS " excuse me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She got a full bag of candy in the short 15 minutes were there.
There was one episode I still laugh about every time I think about it. There was an older gentleman at the beginning of the Trick or Treat line that was handing out bags for the kids to get the candy in. He had a bag with different bags for boys and one full of girly ones for the girls. You probably can guess what happened next, YES he gave Alicia a boy one, it was Spider Man. I didn't say anything because I did not want to embarrass him and Alicia had her own bag I had got anyway but I thought I would just share that.
I finally got everything put away in the new room. It took me all day Saturday and I even got four loads of laundry done so I could use Sunday to re-coop to start over again tomorrow. We have to be at the hospital at 8:30 in the morning, Tomorrow will be ONE WEEK we have been out. And I am loving it even thought I am soooooooo tired.
I will update on how all of her visits go. Thanks for all of the support and prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the photo of Alicia in her costume, she looks adorable! You are doing a fabulous job with all the meds Michelle. THinking and praying for you. Dianne

Unknown said...

LOOK AT MY BABY LOOKING LIKE SPONGEBOBS WIFE.LOL. BEAUTIFUL AS BEAUTIFUL CAN BE. IM SO PROUD OF YOU ALICIA AND MAMA ALSO. LOVE YOU BOTH AND SEE YOU SHORTLY.

Charisse said...

what a relief to get some washing done! Ha! It is so good to hear you are all more happy! Well done!
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

Gotta love "The Sponge."
May the Lord give you His peace. Lifting up prayers right now!
Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Prayer Bears