CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Day +195 Tomorrow is a NEW YEAR!!!!!

My Dad and Alicia are both Survivors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



There is less than 12 hours til 2009. I am sitting here remembering all that my family and I have been through this past year. I believe more has happened in our lives in 2008 than any other year.


Although there has been many worries and stressful times, we also have SO MUCH to be thankful for. First and foremost Alicia has faught and won this battle of her Transplant. She has came so far and is truely my HERO. I am very thankful for the many memories Alicia and I have shared this past 7 months in Cincinnati.



I am also Thankful for the Birth of my last Grandchild in 2008. Jayshon is very special to me, although I have not got to spend much time with him in 2008 I plan to smother both of my grandsons and make up for all of the lost time in 2009.



I am also Thankful for the strong woman my daughter has became. Erika has truly followed in my footsteps and I am so very proud of her. She has comprimised so much and I know how much she misses her daughter. Alicia and Erika have such a special bond that even I can not compare to. I am Thankful for the wonderful man and Father Anshon has been to her and my grandkids as well. He has made my Daughter a strong independant woman and I Thank him for that.



I did not plan on bringing in the New Year in the hospital but I will not let that spoil my confidence that 2009 will be a Great Year for My Family.



Alicia ate a whole bowl of cereal last night. I know that does not sound like much but that is the first thing she has ate in 8 days. I was so proud of her. They started her on TPN which is an IV nutrition. She will be on that around the clock until she maintains her weight. Dr Davies said in rounds this morning that she will probably give her tummy one more day of rest and start her back on NG feeds tomorrow. I just hope she will tolerate them and not throw them up. Dr Davies also changed some of her meds back to IV from oral since she is having runny stools. She said if all goes well than we should be out of here on Monday. It is so different being in here this time because Alicia is not sick, she just will not eat so she has all of her energy and keeping her occupied is a task in its self. Just today we have put together seven puzzles, painted two pictures, gave Theo his meds, and dressed Bubba and baby jayshon (those are her two dolls). Now she is down stairs at Therapy will Jill and Jessica. She was soooo excited to see them and Stacy as well.



Here are some pictures I promised on her last post.............................................................




Alicia takes very good care of Theo. He has been here with her since she was admitted on Monday.




This is of her on her third puzzle today......................................................


Here is one of her and her bag ready to head for HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This is the very very very very small plane we got home in. I want to say a special thank you to Wings of Hope for making Alicia's Christmas the best one ever. If it wasn't for them we would not of made it home. They are a wonderful group of people and they made us feel very special. They had Mcdonalds waiting for us in St Louis while they re-fueled. ( Alicia did not eat it but I sure did!!!) I owe them so much for what they did for us.





This one is of Alicia on the plane on our way home.......................................................................




This is of Alicia and the Nurse who flew home with us.........................................................



Erika and Anshon on Christmas day.............................................................................



This is my Nephew C.J and his two children, the baby, Chrishelle, is the newest member of our family, she was born while we were gone and she was named after her dad and ME!!!!!!!!!!!



Alicia with her two favorite cousins, Kristian and Cassie...............................................



This is one of Alicia and her Great Grandma, my moms Mother. ..........................................


This picture is very special to me it is of Alicia and my Dad. I was soooo happy to see him. When we first left in May for transplant I made him promise me that he would take care of himself while I was gone. When my uncle died earlier this year I was so worried about him as well but he has kept his promise to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



This one was taken Christmas Eve of me and my two sisters, Denise and Kelli with our Dad. We had not had a picture with all three of us and my dad in a long time......................................



And last but not least Alicia had us all together, she was so Happy to have me, Denise and Mommy all in one room again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



HAPPY NEW YEARS TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALICIA AND MAMA. I LOVE THE BOTH OF YOU. AND IM SO SORRY THAT YOU HAVE TO BE THERE ON A SPECIAL DAY BUT THE YEAR IS OURS AND IT WILL BE THE BEST. I LOVE YOU BOTH. ERIKA

Charisse said...

Happy New Year to you ALL!!! The pictures are lovely! I am so glad that Alicia has eaten a whole bowl of cereal. It does sound like a lot! That is great! It was nice hearing what you said about your family. Love you heaps my friend,
Charisse

Anonymous said...

happy new year i love yoy infinety!!!! kiss alicia for me-NeNe

Anonymous said...

o yea get the web cam. i want to see yall so bad

Mary Ann Fiaschetti said...

Michelle and Alicia,
I haven't been able to leave a message in a while but have been following you. So glad to read that you both had a wonderful holiday with loved ones within hug-reach! We'll keep praying for Alicia's recovery and for her homecoming in 2009. What a joyous day that will be for you to go home and sleep in your own beds! Until then lots of prayers and blessings sent your way. Happy New Year hugs,
the Fiaschetti FAmily
Mary Ann, David, Joey & Peter

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures! Looks like you all had a fantastic time!
A brand new year stands before us. Sometimes a new year is very hard to face. Other times a new year is welcomed with open arms, with hopes that it will be better than the last one was. However you look at it, know that every day of this new year is in the Lord's Hands. He's already there waiting for you with open arms. And I'm here praying as always.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
Prayer Bears
My email address