CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day +265

Alicia is back to her normal little onery self. The lab finally reported on the type of orgaisms growning from her self infliction of sprite and they are all common water bugs as Dr Davies put it. We are being released tonorrow with an anti biotic that I will have to give her every 12 hours through her IV and back to fluids over night as well. Dr daives want s to see her back in the clinc on Friday and then again on Tuesday then we are set to leave on Wednesday the 18th. I feel like this last episode was a message from the Lord and now I feel better about leaving. My eyes are wide open and I know I have to watch her like a hawk.


I thought today would be a bad day since I was supposed to leave today but it actually is a good day. We are about to go down and have another Picc line out in so wish us luck. Alicia is going to do this without any medication at all. I will update more tomorrow. Once again thank you so much for all of your prayers.

4 comments:

Charisse said...

I am so happy that Alicia is back to her usual self. It is great that you have a new date. I think God just knows what He is doing and that is good :-)
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle,
I so glad to know you have a new date to end home. Sending lots of love. Dianne

Anonymous said...

Glad you know what you're dealing with and can zap those bad boys now!
I can't imagine anything more comforting than the knowledge that the Lord is holding our hand! Know I'm praying!
Psalms 73:23 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Am happy to hear the good news about Alicia and that you are "feeling ok" about today.
Thinking of you and praying,
love,
Mary Ann