CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day +266

Well we made it out of the hospital today. I watched Alicia like a hawk all morning until we left (and all night also) Alicia was dancing and singing all the way down the elevators and she has been such a happy girl all day long. I have to admit I was very nervous when I hooked Alicia to her Antibiotic and fluids this evening. It has been a while but the main thing that worried me was she might get another line infection. It is all done and I feel better now, it was the first time jitters after we have been through so much.

Alicia has an appointment with Dr Davies tomorrow at 2pm and another Tuesday at 8:30 then we are Homeward bound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel we are going to make that flight this time. I am sooooo excited. I am sad because I will miss Anshon's Birthday Sunday but I will make it up to him when I get home.


Denise has not been feeling well lately so please keep her in your prayers. Between her and my Mom they have been a HUGE support to me. Erika is very excited we will be home also. That is all Alicia talks about is going to see mommy, daddy, ne ne and aunt Kelli. My self, I can not wait to see my Grandsons I know they have grown since I seen them at Christmas.


We will have to return to Cincinnati in 5 to 6 weeks after we get home but it is only for a short stay. Hopefully only good updates from this point on. Thank you so much for all of the support and prayers once again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you guys are out of the hospital. Sending lots of love...Dianne

Anonymous said...

Hope everything goes well and you're FINALLY outta there FOR GOOD on Tuesday!
Praying!!!!!!!!!!
Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle and Alicia,
We are so glad to hear you are out of the hospital and going home! You guys need to go home and we know everything is going to go great...no more hiccups!

Love,
The Tolloty's
(Brian, Jessica, Julia, and Tristan)

Charisse said...

I am so happy for you guys! Yay!
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you....Dianne

Anonymous said...

How was your weekend?
Thought I'd use my confirmation verse today. Praying!
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Prayer Bears
My email address