CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Sunday, March 1, 2009

ICU Update

I am here at the RMH and wanted to give everyone a quick update. Alicia is doing much better. She is still in the ICU. The CT and Cultures have showed nothing yet which is good news. She has not had a temp since yesterday morning. They had to put in a Catheter (sp??) because they were not sure she was urinating due to the large amount of stool she has had. The surgeons do not thing=k it is an obstruction which is very good. Everything is leaning towards a stomach virus but she is still on three antibiotics. They had to place three more IV's which did not make her happy at all.


Yesterday was very hard on me. My family was moving everything into our new apartment. I am not sure how long if any this will set us back, but I thank the Lord she was here when this happened. Lil Anshon's Birthday is two weeks from today and I really hope to be home for that.


I am heading back to Alicia, thank you for all of the messages and I will update next time I am back at the RMH.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANKS for the update!!! Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

Yes, thank you for the update...will continue to pray.
Mary Ann

Charisse said...

Things are sounding more positive. That is good. I can imagine yesterday was real hard on you. All you want to do is go home and it feels like things keep getting in the way. I know you care deeply for Alicia and would want her to be in the right place at the right time. However, it is still hard when you have been here so long. Blessings, Michelle. Praying.
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for your little Alicia. God bless you and give you the strength to continue on this journey.

Anonymous said...

Glad things are getting better. Oh I hope it doesn't interfere with your getting to go home!
Jennifer from PrayerBears wanted me to let you know she's praying. She's blind and can't get her computer to say the word verification letters so she can't sign the guestbook.
Praying right now!
Psalms 36:5-7 Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds. Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O LORD, thou preservest man and beast. How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
Prayer Bears

Momma Bear said...

Get well soon Ms Alicia so you can head home! Huggers!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you two, and sending out LOTS of prayers!! :)
Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

How's she doing today?
Praying hard right now!
Psalms 18:28-33 For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God? It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm continuing to pray!
1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Am checking every day but there hasn't been an update since Sunday.
Am praying and thinking of Alicia and wishing for her recovery.
Love,
Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

Always here praying!
Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Prayer Bears
My email address