CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Thursday, March 19, 2009

Home Sweet Home



This is Alicia at the Wings of Hope Headquarters... She got a grand tour..............................




We made it HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best feeling ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! As soon as I got off the plane was drop to my knees and kiss the ground. I am totally serious I know it sounds unsanitary but who cares. Alicia was so excited. our whole family lined the Run way, My Mom told me she could see Alicia's little face waving as we pulled up. Alicia ran right to Ne Ne's Arms. It was an Awesome Home coming.
The leaving was a little hard though. I didn't realize how much of an impact everything and everyone had on me in Cincinnati. I am going to miss my friends very much. That 10 months of our life will forever be in my mind. I am starting to cry just writing about it. Our friends Tina, Jo, Jacy and Cameron came took us to the Airport to see us off. Tina about fell out of her chair when she seen how small the plane was that we were taking LOL it was so funny.
Erika, Anshons and the boys came over after Erika got off work. Boy my Grandsons are ROTTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a lot of work to do before I think I can be able to handle all Three of them. I think the boys were just tired. Alicia was already laying down by the time Mommy and Daddy got here, her tummy had been upset but today is a lot better.
The Home Nurse was here within an hour after we got to the apartment, it took her all of ten minutes to teach me how to work the pump and an hour on all of the paper work. I do not know how well I am going to adjust to this lady. Alicia is pretty hard to handle and she kept looking at her crazy every time Alicia told her not to touch her. She has an appointment tomorrow at 2:30 with Dr Rosen the Hematologist here.
Dr Davies came to see Alicia Tuesday before we left our last appointment. I am so thankful for all that she did for us. She is an awesome person. Theo also came in to say good bye. it was so cute... Alicia told him she was going to miss him and she would call him and she gave him a huge hug.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome! Home!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home!!! I'm so happy for all of you. Home at last, home at last!

hugs,
rachel

Anonymous said...

I am SO THRILLED for you guys...there is no place like home!! Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm thrilled for you!!!!!!!!!!! Hope all goes well there now!!!!!!!!
Continuing to lift up prayers for your family!
2 Thessalonians 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Sooo glad that you are home at last. Hope it's smooth sailing from now on.
Love, Mary Ann

Mary Ann Fiaschetti said...

Hallelujah!!!! Hooray! This has been the longest 10 months for all of you. Praise the Lord that you are home and safe. Michelle, please update your blog with the new address in Kansas. We'd like to send Alicia something. What a celebration of life and love!!
Hugs,
the Fiaschetti FAmily

Charisse said...

Welcome Home! Yay! I am so happy for you guys! Yay!
Love Charisse