CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Sunday, March 8, 2009

Day+262

Alicia has had two positive cultures in a row now. Dr Davies said it is best to pull her port which they are going to do tomorrow. After 24 to 48 hours she will have another picc line put in and a couple days after that we should be able to go home. Who knows when that will be though. I am just so frustrated.


Denise and her Husband have been at my apartment this morning finishing up. I owe Denise so much. She has went over and beyond for me. My Mom has been so great also. I do not know what I will do with out them.

I will update more as i know it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Dianne

Anonymous said...

Praying things go quickly but efficiently!!! Lots of hugs from all of us! We love you guys!
Krisstina, Keith, & Cameron King, Jo ( 19 FA-A) & Jacy (17 FA-A) Box www.caringbridge.org/ks/jojacybox

Charisse said...

Oh I am sorry, Michelle. I know you are so frustrated and just want to be at home. I know that you would feel frustrated because this could have been avoided. I am now going to pray that all that gets left behind and that you can be home in no time.
Lots of love,
Charisse

Mary Ann Fiaschetti said...

Oh my goodness Michelle. For some reason I did not automatically receive the last 3 blog updates and thought all was well. Then I got Kirsten's "Wesley's World" update and read something about Alicia and Sprite. I quickly read everything on here. My oh my. Alicia is a darling and we're blessed that the outcome is not tragic. Many, many hugs to you Michelle. What a scary thing. Still praying for you two lovely ladies to return home safely.

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope this works and that you can GO HOME SOON!!!!!!!!!!!
Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers so very much!
John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you....Dianne