CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Monday, March 16, 2009

Day +270

Sorry I have not updated in a few days. Everything is still good. Alicia is doing great and all plans are still in action. I held my breath all weekend and we made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So this morning I got up and packed everything. I didn't dare move anything through the weekend. I was scared it would jinx us. Alicia was napping when I was packing and every time she woke up she would smile so big and ask if we were going home now. Finally I said YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We have one more appointment tomorrow so Dr Davies can give her the good look over and Michelle, our nurse coordinator can go over everything about the discharge and it HOME from there. Our flight leaves at 11 am with Wings of Hope again. They are such gracious and wonderful people.


Hopefully the next update will be from Kansas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I plan on pacing my computer in the morning. Thank you for all of each and everyone of yours support!!!!!!!!!


WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOO PROUD OF YOU ALICIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alicia and Michelle,

I AM SO PROUD OF BOTH OF YOU!!!!!!!!!

I am also so proud of your whole extended family; you have a family that works together to support each other and makes things happen! There is nothing more important than that in the whole world. With love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

Praying so hard that all goes well and that YOU'RE OUTTA THERE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Psalms 18:2-6 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me. In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patrick's day...hope that your trip home was uneventful and that you, Alicia, and the whole family are together at last.
Wishin you the best and promising to continue with the prayers.
It was a long haul, but you did it.
Love, Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

You'd better be outta there and on your way home!!!!!!!!!!!!
Praying!
Isaiah 26:2-3 Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in. Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Momma Bear said...

How is the little sprite!!!?
Doing the happy I'm home dance still?

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm always here praying!
Isaiah 55:6-7 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Prayer Bears
My email address