CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Saturday, August 1, 2009

**** UPDATE****
WE ARE IN NEED OF URGENT PRAYERS, WE ARE TRYING TO GET MICHELLE HOME TO KANSAS AND SHE HAS NO INSURANCE. THEY ARE SAYING IT WILL COST $8000 TO TRANSFER HER TO THE HOSPITAL THERE!!! PLEASE PRAY!!! IF ANYONE READING THIS HAS ANY CONNECTIONS PLEASE SHOOT US AN EMAIL AT KKING5112@AOL.COM. YOU CAN ALSO EMAIL MICHELLE BUT SHE IS NOT ABLE TO CHECK HER EMAIL AS MUCH AS I.

Michelle's kidney numbers were slightly up, which is awesome, but unfortunately she is far from out of the woods. Things are slow with it being the weekend, so not much else to report! Michelle truly thanks all of you for your kind words and prayers!! Keep them coming!

I am at a loss, I do not want to live life without this wonderful woman! She is an awesome human being! I really love her and Alicia. I pray she will be okay! She is not finished here on earth, she has given her whole life to helping others! I know she has grown from this experience and I know Michelle she will in many ways use this horrible time in her life to help others.


Last I heard Alicia is doing very well, being her normal, beautiful self!! She will even be better tonight since MOMMY IS COMING!!!! YEAH!!!

Thanks again for checking in on Alicia and Michelle!

Krisstina

I am here with Michelle and she has asked me to update.

Michelle and Denise are very unhappy with the doctors. Michelle is dictating what i am typing since she can't.
What the doc said to her about the liver is that it is completely gone and it is shut down and it will never work again.
With the kidneys failing also that doesn't leave much of a chance unless they can get the Kidney numbers turned around. They are trying new meds that will help the kidneys by rerouting the blood flow.
As far as her returning to Kansas, this hospital will not release her unless it is hospital to hospital, but to has to be a medical transfer. Which they found out today it costs $8000.00.

Michelle is very upset that she can not see Alicia! She misses her so!
Alicia is doing well and Erika will be here Sunday! Thank god! They both need her so much and I know Erika needs them! Please pray for her whole family along with her! This is all so confusing and stressing! Things have been very unclear until now and is very hard on all of them. Please pray that Michelle gets to go home. They all need that!

Thanks so much!
Krisstina for Michelle!!!

14 comments:

Dianne said...

PRAYING, PRAYING, PRAYING!!!! Dianne

Mary Ann Gormley said...

Dear Michelle,

Wish that I could give you a huge hug and kiss. Want you to know that I'm thinking of you and praying and praying. I know so many in the FAmily are doing the same.
Love always,
Mary Ann

Thanks Tina for the update.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe what I'm reading...Here praying for your family so very hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isaiah 43:1-3a But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Charisse said...

Hi Michelle,
wow, that is a lot of money! Michelle, they are obviously trying to take care of you otherwise they would let you go with family. They probably very worried something will happen to you if you don't go via medical transport, just like they are very careful with Alicia and how she is transported at times. I know it is so frustrating and upsetting. Is there a way that a charity might help you get home, considering all you have been through with Alicia and the transplant? Anyone who would have mercy on you guys to get you home?? To donate money to you getting home?
I am so sorry about your liver. We are praying faithfully for you, Michelle...and for your kidneys. Has the infection directly affected your liver? Or medications? Does the doctor know why this happened?
We are praying for Alicia as well and for Erika. I know it must be very hard for you to not see Alicia after caring for her for so long. I know that God wants you to focus on getting yourself well and I pray you will see Alicia soon.
Lots of love,
Charisse

Kristin Young said...

I'm so worried about you guys.

Dianne said...

Hey Michelle,

Just sitting here, thinking about you. I hope that you are able to get some soon. Praying... Love, Dianne

Dianne said...

Hi Michelle,

If you are in need of a laugh today...just read my post from a minute ago. I meant to say...I hope you get HOME soon...my typos changed the total meaning of the message. Oops! :)

I do hope and pray you get home soon! Note to self; reread all postings before hitting enter! Love, Dianne

Mary Ann Gormley said...

Dear Michelle,

I'm praying and praying and thinking of you.

I know that you want desperately to get home but just as Alicia needed the "ambulance helicopter or plane" when she was so very sick, so do you. so that you can be constantly under medical care as you travel.

I'm praying for you and your family that God's love and grace sustain you and guide your decisions and that his peace will be with you.

I know that God is by your side--you are so dear to him, for you have given of yourself selflessly to Alicia, your family, and to so many others. Please rest in that knowledge, let His peace embrace you, and give you what you need to come through this time in your life.

Always with love and prayers,
Mary Ann

Charisse said...

Hi Michelle,
we love you and are continuing to pray for you. You are constantly on my mind. I am always checking for updates and then telling my family and prayer group. We are also praying that you will be blessed with the $8000 so you can get home. It is so important that you get the medical care that you need even while traveling. Praying...remember God does have you in His hands.
Lots of love,
Charisse

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to let you know I'm here praying! Praying so that Michelle can get to KS!
Psalms 28:1-2 Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit. Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Praying right now!
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Charisse said...

Dearest Michelle,
I wanted to stop past to tell you that we are still praying for you. Has there been any change? I say that because God is the God of the impossible and even if the doctors say something cannot get better, Jesus can make it better. My blast count supposedly cannot come down and should only be going up with my FA marrow, but my biopsy showed it has come down! A miracle. God is the God of the impossible. We are praying my sweet friend. I want to be able to see you again one day and laugh together. We have prayer meeting tonight and will be praying fervently for you.
Lots of love,
Charisse

Lynn said...

Wish there was an update...am beyond concerned here!!!!!!!!!!
Know that I'm here praying!
Romans 8:15-18 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Romans 8:31-34 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Prayer Bears
My email address