CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Friday, August 28, 2009

a quick update

Hello everyone this is Michelle and I wanted to let everyone know that I am ok. I have been in and out of the Hospital for the past month as Alicia has as well. We were both discharged yesterday and she is staying with Erika. I am still in a very lot of pain and I have a drain tube sticking out of the right side of my abdomin. Alicia seems to be feeling very well again but she is still on anti-biotics for the bacteris they did find. I have follow up appointments all next week and the following so I will let everyone know all of the details just as soon as I find out my self. I just wanted to Thank everyone for so many prayers and ask for them to keep coming!!!


Michelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
Praise the Lord that I am reading a journal entry written by you! Not that Denise and Krisstina didn't do a terrific job:-)

We'll keep praying that the pain starts to subside and you are on the road to recovery. There is truth to the saying, there's no place like home.

Take it easy. We'll keep up the prayers.

Hugs and love,
Mary Ann Fiaschetti
Peter's Mom & FAmily member

Mary Ann Gormley said...

Hi Michelle,
It's so good to see a posting written by you.
I hope that you soon will be free of your pain and that your being home will help you to recover much more quickly.
It's good to hear that Alicia is doing well....it was such a battle for her wasn't it?
I will continue to pray that both of you will be feeling better soon.
Love,
Mary Ann