CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Monday, May 10, 2010

ANOTHER LINE GONE

WELL THEY ARE PULLING THE PICC LINE AGAIN. ALICIA DOES NOT KNOW YET SHE IS IN THERAPY, SHE IS GOING TO BE MAD. THE BACTERIA IS STILL GROWING SO DOC DAVIES WANTS THE LINE PULLED AND NOT REPLACED FOR AT LEAST 72 HOURS. SO SHE WILL BE GOING THROUGH GETTING ANOTHE LINE PUT IN AGAIN.


THIS IS ALSO GOING TO PROLONG US GOING HOME EVEN LONGER.W E WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO MOVE IN WITH ERIKA SINCE I AM NOT WORKING AND BILLS ARE DUE. AS LONG AS ALICIA IS OK THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS.


ALICIA DID PULL ANOTHER LITTLE STUNT YESTERDAY. NEVER A DULL MOMENT WITH HER. ANY WAY SHE CALLED THE POLICE AND TOLD THEM HER MOMMY WASNT ANSWERING THE PHONE SO SHE COULD TELL HER HAPPY MOMMY'S DAY. SO WE HAD THE TALK ABOUT WHEN WAS THE RIGHT TIME TO CALL 911. LEAVE IT TO ALICIA.


WELL SHE IS BACK FROM THERAPY SO I WILL UPDATE LATER.

MICHELLE AND ALICIA

2 comments:

Mary Ann Gormley said...

Hoping that all went well with Alicia in therapy and that you soon will be home and she will be fine.
It doesn't matter where you live as long as you are all together--I hope that's good.
Praying and praying,
Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

You know I think I liked it better when there weren't any updates...that meant things were okay there! Hoping that things calm down there soon!
Know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalm 86:11-13a Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore. For great is thy mercy toward me...
Prayer Bears
My email address