CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Heading to Cincinnati

The Medical transport team is due to be here in an hour from Cincinnati. They told us we could only bring one bag GREAT. We have three. It wasnt like this was planned, I have my fingers crossed that they will make an exception, I do not know which one I could leave.


Results came back and Alicia is growing MANY bugs. I hope she did not mess with her line again with out me knowing. She is feeling a lot better, the antibiotics have kicked in but I believe they will be pulling her line when we get to Cincinnati.

This was sooo not planned, but then again Alicia is the best at surprises. I have a feeling we will be in Cincinnati at least three weeks. Please keep her in your prayers.

Michelle

3 comments:

Mary Ann Fiaschetti said...

Alicia is so full of surprises! She sure keeps you hopping Michelle; maybe that is why you seem so young and not a grandma! I hope you know that both of you are in our prayers everyday. Hoping that Cincinnati gets rid of all the "bugs". It must be like home to you. Please keep us up to date. Sending lots of hugs & love,
the Fiaschetti FAmily
Mary Ann, David, Joey & Peter (day +154)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for another update...wish it was better news, though!
Praying right now!
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Mary Ann Gormley said...

Thanks so much for the update. Alicia is something and it looks like she does her best to keep you busy.
Alicia, give meema a break ok?
I hope that by the time you read this, you will be in Cincy and Alicia will be getting the help she needs. I also hope that the baggage issue was resolved.
Love you and thinking of you...and of course, praying and praying.
Mary Ann