CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Saturday, February 28, 2009

In ICU again

I want to update everyone and let you know Alicia is in ICU. Please forgive me if I do not make since I have no slept a wink all night. It started around 4pm yesterday when she woke up from her nap. She started vomiting non stop for 4 hours and runny stool with blood in it. I got her to the Emergency room and she was rushed to the trauma bay. She has a very High temp and her blood pressure went critically low again. She is on oxygen and is having very bad tummy pains. They took an x-ray and it shows no air in her bowels which could be an obstruction or infection. They have consulted with the surgeons but are waiting to do a CT and the cultures to come back. Her face and body is very swollen due to the amount of fluids they have given her in the past 8 hours. I will update more when I know something. Please Pray for my baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Elias! said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope they find and solve the problem quickly so she can be comfortable. Best wishes

Anonymous said...

My heart is aching for you.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of Alicia and praying for her...she's been through so much!
Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

PRAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will continue to check back to this site for updates. Dianne

Anonymous said...

Sending you my love and wishing I could do more for you both. I hope she feels much better really soon and that you can get some much-needed sleep!
hugs,
rachel

Anonymous said...

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry!!!!!! Praying so hard right now!!!!!!!!!!!
Continuing in prayer!
Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Charisse said...

Hi Michelle,
the roller coaster seems to never stop! It SEEMS to never stop. I know you would feel rather frightened again. It is difficult to know that Jesus is in control, but with all He has shown me...I know He is. We are praying! Praying earnestly! Waiting for an update when you are ready.
Love Charisse
(FA Adult)