CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day -4

Alicia had a really good noght last night. Teh Hydrocortozone helped alot and she did not have any fevers or chills. We both got over 8 hours of sleep, and WOW did that feel good.

Today she is complaining alot of her stomach hurting. Dr Davies said that is also normal part of the Chemo. They are giving her another type of medicine to help with that.

Her ANC jumped to 3.49 from yesterday and her WBC went up to 3.46. She also said that was Normal. Her Platelets went down to 70,000 and Dr Davies said she would probably get another transfusion tommorrow or the following day. Her Hbg is at 8.9.

I am sooooooo happy my twin sister will be here tomorrow, Alicia has been talking about it all morning. I know it will feel very good to see my family. I really miss my Dad toaday with it being Fathers day. I got to talk to him for a while this morning. He is very special to me.

I want to wish all of the FA fathers, and every other Father a Very Happy Fathers Day.

Mee-Ma

0 comments: