CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day +9

I decided to update early this morning, Alicia is still asleep, (actually she slept almost all day yesterday).But today will be a challange so I thought if I didn't update now than I might not get a chance.

I had told everyone of the fever Alicia spiked the other evening and they did blood cultures, well the Doctor came in yesterday afternoon and said there is bacteria growing in her blood. They do not know what it is exactly but it is making Alicia very sick. She was so weak yesterday she could not even lift her head from her pillow. They put her on a stronger anti-bioticthan the two she is already on. She did get up enough strength to talk to Erika but it was not for long only to tell her Mommy she loved her. She will not eat or even take a drink, I feel soooo bad for her. She wanted me to lay and hold her all day yesterday, which was perfectly fine with me. Around seven last night she did get a little energy, she watched half of a sponge bob movie and talked to Ne Ne and kristian for a few minutes but she went right back to sleep.

On top of the fevers the sores in her mouth and throat has started also. She keeps spitting in bucket I have put beside her and she complains that her mouth is hurting. I have pushed her morphine pump yesterday more than i have the whole time I have been here.

Some times I think I am going crazy sitting in this room alone, yesterday I even thought about having a conversation with Alicia's three foot Dora and Sponge Bob balloonsthat Denise and I bought her but I was scared if I started talking to them that they would answer me back than I knew I would of been admitted myself. ( I am just Joking) I am not that crazy though.

Alicia is stirring as I thought she would so i am going to end this, please everyone pray that this fever goes away fast and that the bacteria goes away and Alicia feels better soon. Thank you for all the support. I would most definatly lose it if I did not have all of you.

Mee-Ma

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Hi Guys...I just posted your link on my blog with some beautiful photos of Miss Alicia. Please give her a hug for us. We miss you guys and hope/pray that today brings good news with it.

Love,
The Clifton's

Siouxsie said...

Hi! I know you don't know me but I'm Emma Clifton's Aunt Siouxsie. We really enjoyed hearing about Emma & Alicia's adventures at Camp Sunshine last year so we definitely have a special feeling in our hearts for sweet Alicia. I just wanted you to know that we're thinking of you guys and praying for you. I can't even pretend to imagine the challenges you're all facing. And I vote that if talking to a Dora doll makes you feel better, who cares if other people think it makes you seem crazy! ;-)

Charisse said...

Hi Michelle,
I did write in your guestbook for this same entry on the old site. Blogs are great! You will find them very easy to use once you get the hang of it! We are still praying for little Alicia to get better and over this unknown bug that she has!
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

Hi baby this is mommy I wsanted to let you know I love you and miss you alot. I hope everything is going great. I willbe there to see really soon. I love you and sllep good. I love you to mama. And i miss u to.