CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Thursday, June 12, 2008

June 12, 2008

Well the day is here. Alicia gets admitted to the BMT floor today. They will be taking her to the floor just after her MRI is done.

She is till sleeping now, which I just decided to give up on as far as for myself. I seen every hour on the hour last night. But at least now I am getting used to functioning on a couple of hours of sleep because I am sure there will be alot more of those in the very near future.

Alicia had a good time last night. We stayed at Tina's and they are going with us to be admitted and then on to Jo and Jacy's many appt's. Keith gave her an extra long Motor Cycle ride. Alicia loved it. She kept telling Keith "more", "More", so of course he did. There has not been many things Keith has told Alcia "no" to. They have a cool little special bond. Alicia also played alot outside yesterday. She totally loves their dog J.R. I just kept looking out the window at her and tears would come to my eye's when I thought that this would be the last time for a while that she would get to go run in the grass and play with the dog and even get to go outside and play. Then more tears fell when I looked at her pretty long hair and thought it would be forever until I would get to put it in cute little pony tails. Then I would freak because I started thinking that her Chemo was starting tomorrow and it was "Friday the 13th". Then to make it worse I would look at Tina and she had big tears in her eyes as she was watching Alicia also. Finally I had to tell myself to stop and we talked of more happier things.

My Mom has been such a Huge help to me and I wanted to let her know if she is reading this that I love you very much Mom and I am so Lucky to have you and it takes alot off my mind to know that I have someone back home I can depend on!!!!! She is sending Alicia little gifts every other day that Erika bought for Alicia. I know that will bring smiles to my baby's face. I have called my mom several times since I have been here and asked for favors and I never had to ask twice. My mom had it done probably beofre we ever hung up. ( maybe that is going a little overboard). But I want to thank you very much Mom.

And I also owe Tina alot of Thanks. She has been soooooo much support for us. I feel she is such a true friend and I do not know how I would of even made it this far without her. Thank you so much Tina.

And I also want to thank Teresa and Dianne. You both have also helped me through alot and Thank you Dianne for the gifts you have sent Alicia. It is sooooo important to have friends to be able to get through times like these and I am so greatful to all of you.

Well it is time to wake Alicia. And off to the first day of the beginnign of my baby's new chance at life. I will kepp everyone updated as much as I can.

A VERY nervous Mee-Ma

0 comments: