CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Tuesday, June 10, 2008

June 10, 2008

Time is moving so fast it seems. There is only two days until we are admitted and three days until Alicia starts her Chemo. I am getting more nervous by the hour now instead of by the day!!!! I am praying so hard that my baby will be Ok through it all. She is such a strong little girl so I know she will fight.

We got a call yesterday and they want to do another MRI on Alicia. She said there was something in this last one done Saturday that concerned the Doctor and She wants to see the rest of Alicia's spine. She did say the Head looked good but she could only see the top of her spine and wanted a picture of the rest. So we have to be at the hospital at 10 am Thursday for another MRI and then we will be admitted after that. Please pray there is nothing wrong with this MRI!!!!!!!

on top of everything little Alicia is going through we got a call from Erika yesterday and the person who was keeping Alicia's dog had let her out to potty ans she never came back. Alicia has had her since she was 6 weeks old, her name is Taby. Alicia named her and they were very close. Tina had blown up a picture of Taby to put beside Alicia's bed at the hospital so I had to get rid of it. I just hope Alicia does not ask many questions when we get home. I will miss Taby alot also.

My twin sister Denise will be here in six days. I am sooooo very happy. I miss my family alot and I can not wait to see Denise. Alicia is very excited also. Denise and Alicia are very close. Alicia calls her Ne Ne. I can not wait to see the look on Alicia's face when she see's her. ( wow actually something to look forward to, that feels great!!!)

Well Alicia is telling me it tis time to go play so I will update as soon as I know anything about her MRI.

Mee-Ma

0 comments: