CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Day +166

I want to start by saying that I am sorry about the days in between my updates. There really is not much change. I know this is the only way that some of you keep updated on Alicia and once again I apologize.

We still do not have any news to report on coming home for Christmas. Yes I have been pushing to go home, if only for a couple of days, for Christmas. Alicia and I both really do miss home very much so I have been asking if there was any way we could just go home for a few days. Hopefully I will find out if it is even possable by the end of the week. There is not a day that has went by since Denise and Cassie have left that Alicia does not ask if it is time to go home yet. She really misses her Mommy and Daddy and she tells Erika every time she talks to her that her and I are going to fly and come see her and Santa Claus. It breaks my heart every time I hear her say it.

Here Cbc's are about the same. Today her Platelets actually went up more on their own to over 70,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her White cells are still elevated at 31.78 and her Anc is at 22.45. Her Hbg is holding at 8.5 so we have not had to make a trip to the hospital for blood. She has an appointment Friday for her Ambison infusion so we should know more then.

Thank you everyone for keeping Alicia in your prayers and tonight say one for us that we can come home for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous platelet counts!! Keeping you guys in my prayers. Love, Dianne

Charisse said...

iIt is great about the platelet count! I hope you can go home for Christmas! I am glad things are going so well.
Love Charisse