CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Friday, December 12, 2008

Day +176

OK I am a little bumbed out again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every thing is going OK, Alicia is still doing good I just got some news today that I did not want to hear. Dr Davies came in today while we were in Day Hospital to examine Alicia, she was very pleased with the way she is doing so I asked the "question". I was thinking I would wait until we got back from going home for Christmas before I started asking but I felt I had the moment today when she was pleased with Alicia's progress so I popped the question. I said " so when do you think we can plan on going home for good" and her reply was, " O i would thin the end of February was a good guess". NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is not what I wanted to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can live with it though but that is still another 2 months. Her reasoning is that she wants Alicia off of all of the meds she is on connecting to her GVH and off of them for a while to watch her to see if she will flare up again. She wants assured that Alicia's GVH she had will not come back and us be so far away. She said her plan is to have her off of them by the end of January and to watch her for a couple of weeks in February. That will mean we would of been here for NINE months!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I hope the short time we get to spend at home will gain some of my sanity back at least enough to make me last through February. I am soooooooo ready to get back to a "NORMAL" life. Alicia is doing so well so I have faith that the GVH will stay away. I most definitely do not want to jeopardize anything when it come to her. We have both been down such a long and hard road through this transplant and I do not want anything to go wrong. I am not willing to take any chances that will set us back and have to do any of what has already been done over. But on the other hand I did not imagine we would be here for NINE months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We are so excited about going home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I forgot to mention that Alicia only has 10 days left on her chart. We decided not to count the 23rd since we are leaving so early that morning!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes I got the call and we leave Cincinnati at 10 am and will be in Wichita some time around 4pm. They said we might have to stop and refuel once and that would be our only delay. Ne Ne is picking us up, I can not wait to see her again. We have never spent a Birthday apart in such a long while and I am so glad we will get this one together also. I have her all booked up the whole time we are there so I am sure she will be ready for us to leave when it comes time.


I am also so excited to see my Mom and Dad. I have not seen the both of them in seven months. I miss my Mom so much, she is such a great support to me. I have never been away from her this long and I can not wait to see her. I also want to see my nieces and nephews. I have one that was named after me that I have never seen. OK OK I now enough!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle,

I am so sorry to hear that you will end up being there until Feb. However, I am SO EXCITED for you guys to go home for your b-day and X-mas. Thinking of you. Love, Dianne

Charisse said...

Hi Michelle,
sorry to hear about needing to stay another 2 months. 9 months is a long time to be away from home. However, it is a good plan my love! The doctor is making sure that Alicia is "Safe" and that is good :-) even though it is hard for you guys.
It is TOTALLY exciting that Christmas is not far away and you get to go home for that! I hope it just revitalises you that the next 2 months seems shorter!
I love you,
Charisse

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sorry you're going to have to go back again...hope those days go quickly for you!
Turn to our only refuge! Praying!
Psalms 62:6-8 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Prayer Bears
Email Me

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,

Keep counting the days til you get home for Christmas!! I hope that Alicia and you have a wonderful time filled with GOOD HEALTH, LOVE OF FAMILY AND FRIENDS, GREAT FOOD, REST, PEACE, and FUN!

I know that you're disappointed about having to stay near the hospital until February, but you know deep down in your heart that this is only for Alicia's good--she needs to be checked out and OK'd in all aspects so that she can go home and be healthy there.
Try to look at how long you've been there already...2 months more will be a shorter time and soon you'll be home for good.

Praying for Alicia's good health and for you to have the strength to continue,
Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

What comfort these verses give. Always praying!
Psalms 37:23-24 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
Prayer Bears
Email Me