CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day +168

WE ARE GOING HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a call today from Wings of Hope and my new best friend "Dotty" said that they are taking care of everything and they are getting us home for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could of went through the phone and gave her a HUGE Hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo excited. They are taking us all the way to our home town on the 23rd ( my Birthday and the best present ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and they are bringing us back to Cincinnati on the 27th. I have never rode in a small airplane before and I might say I am kinda nervous.

Alicia is very excited also. She has told every body she has seen today that she is going home to see Mommy and Santa. But I think Denise is the most excited of all. She is making out a schedule of every day we are home. LOL she even called Erika and wanted to know when she wanted penciled in to see Alicia. Erika just laughed at her.

We are going to Day Hospital tomorrow morning so I will update on any news tomorrow evening.

Thank you everyone for so many prayers. GOD IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He heard each and every one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so THRILLED you guys will be going home for Christmas!! Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!!
What wonderful people to help get you there too!
Wishing you the happiest Christmas ever!
Love and prayers,
Mary Ann