CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Wednesday, December 17, 2008

DaY +181

Everything here is still about the same with Alicia. I am very very tired, I have not been sleeping well the past nights with Alicia being sick. Last night was very bad. She coughed most of the night, so between the coughing, between coughing, blowing her nose and taking her temp I had decided when we woke up I was taking her to get checked out by Doctor Davies. Dr Davies listened to her and agreed that her lungs are clear but she ordered a lot of tests which one was just horrible. She wanted a nasal wash and swab and Alicia did not like that idea at all. It was even worse than having the tube put in her nose. It took five nurses to hold her down and all I could hear was Alicia yelling that she could not see her Mee-Ma. I lost it. I told them to just leave her alone, she has had enough but luckily they had got enough fluid back for the test. I just picked her up and held her sooo tight. I feel so sorry for everything she is going through. I just wish it was me and not her.


After the nasal wash and swab and cultures they sent us down for a chest x-ray. So far everything is coming back good. The x-ray showed her chest and lungs clear, the only bad thing was the x-ray showed that her Ng tube was barely in her stomach so I had to push it in another three inches which I did myself.


So it looks like we are still clear for leaving Tuesday for home. Only 5 days left on Alicia's chart. I am keeping her confined to the room til we leave except for Friday and Monday which she will have to be in Day Hospital for infusions. Hopefully this all will clear by then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Please keep Alicia in your prayers for this nasty cold to pass before we leave!!!!! Thank you all so very much, without your support I would not be able to endure any more.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

You'd BETTER be able to leave on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stopping by to let you know I'm still praying!
Proverbs 14:26 In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.
Prayer Bears
Email Me

Charisse said...

It is such a shame that Alicia is sick! I am praying that it will be gone by Tuesday and you guys can still go home. Bless you, Michelle, keep holding in there. I bet you are just so tired!
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers!! Love, Dianne