CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day +171

I know one thing for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you are excited about something, or you are waiting for a time to come, the days go by slower than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems like it is taking forever for just one day to go by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alicia is soooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we made a chart and she is marking off the days til she gets to go home. After she marks off the day she calls her Mommy an Daddy and Ne Ne and she tells them how many days are left. Actually she calls them about five times a day and tells them, but like I said she is very excited. We still do not have all of the details yet as to when we will be leaving, but I am sure that will come when it gets closer to the time. Did I mention there are only 16 days left on Alicia's chart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fridays hospital visit went very good. The Docs are so impressed by how good Alicia is doing. She is shocking everyone I believe. I just tell them that anything that could of happened to her has already happened so it is all on the good side now. That is what my VERY good group of friends used to tell me when I was having a hard time when we were still inpatient. (You all were right!!!!!) They did have to take her labs twice though. The first one came back that her Hemoglobin was only at four but when they repeated it that was not the case. Her HBG was actually at 9 which was up from the last time. Her Platelets also came up, they were at 79,000. I am so happy that all of her counts are rising by their selves. She has not had to have any transfusions in such a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her Wbc and ANC are still very elevated though. her ANC was at 22.89 and her WBC was at 28.6, they still show no worry to me about these numbers. Her liver numbers are slowly coming down also which is a lot of relief. We are scheduled to be at the hospital on Tuesday for her every other week Imfleximab infusion. Then back on Friday for her Ambison.
I was looking through my pictures and I found one that Alicia had taken with Clifford the Big Red Dog just a year ago, and I was comparing it with the one she took last week here at the RMH and I can not believe how much she has grown. I keep thinking that maybe this one was two year ago. I am sure Denise or Erika will correct me if I am wrong. I thought I would share them with you. The video is still on Cincinnati.com if any one has not seen it.
Thank you again everyone for follow the progress of Alicia and for the many many prayers!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Momma Bear said...

Someone is a cutie pie!!! Thankful counts are going in the right direction......as well as home for the holidays! Keep up the good work Ms Alicia and Gma will not be able to keep up with you soon! Love you bunches!

Blessings and Bear Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good with Clifford! Am just so excited that you guys are finally going home!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was reading in Job last night and for the first time the words really hit my heart as well as my head. I could feel the agony Job was going through. Besides his whole livelihood, he lost all TEN of his children in one moment! His agony just flows through his words in Job, yet in the midst of all that come THE most beautiful Gospel. May these words comfort you, and know I'm praying.
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Prayer Bears