CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Monday, February 2, 2009

Day +228

Everything is still going well here. I am just waiting to see if the Groundhog sees his shadow................... We definatly have luck on our side now and do not need any more bad weather ( if you know what I mean)


Alicia is getting sooooooo excited to see her Mommy. Today she woke up at 6am and woke me up to tell me it was only three more days. I could of strangled her. I just smiled to my self though and thought she must be feeling so good inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So needless to say we started our day off very early and Mommy and Daddy where the means of our conversation for over an hour. Erika and Anshon will land in Dayton around 515 and it is an hour from here and with time allowing to get the Rental I believe they will arrive here around 7pm. I really want this weekend to be special for the three of them. This will be the last before we get to go home!!!!!!!!!!!!


Robin the Home Nurse just arrived to give Alicia her weekly infusion of IVIG and she informed me the Ground Hog did indeed see his shadow.................... GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another six weeks of winter. Hopefully there was a different Ground Hog in Kansas than here in Cincinnati. As I am writing this Robin is drawing Alicia's blood and she is singing. Alicia believes if she sings while her blood is being drawn it makes it come out faster. Alicia has such an awesome voice. I truly believe on day she will be on American Idol. Alot of you guys have probably heard her, it is so cute to listen to. I need to teach her a new song or at least the rest to the song she sings now. It is "Jesus Loves me" she sounds very good and can hit some notes I have never heard before. It makes me laugh and feel warm inside when I see her. Pastor Watson if you are reading this we will have to let the Church hear her!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Well I am being summoned from the other room. I am usually hooked to a pic line by now. Alicia gives me a line and hooks me up the whole time she is getting her IVIG. Alicia has a home made pic line she made out of a blood pressure cup and used caps and she has a line hanging from her pole that I am connected to every Monday morning for at least two hours.


Thank you for so many prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your day is going well! Sending lots of love. Dianne

Lynn said...

Sorry! Looks like 6 more weeks of winter for you guys. You know if Phil was out here he'd rarely see his shadow and there'd never be any more winter! Wouldn't that be fun!
Comforting words! Praying so right now!
1 Corinthians 15:54-57 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

These verses are so comforting. Know that I'm praying!
Revelation 21:1-4 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Prayer Bears
My email address