CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day +250

O my I can not believe it has been 250 days since Alicia has had her transplant. Today I was just sitting here thinking about how slow the days are passing but to look at that number just proved me wrong. So much has happened in our lives these past 250 days. Alicia has came so far.


I got a call today from our social worker and the date is set for us to go HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are leaving now on the 11th and that is confirmed. I don't know all of the details or the time but the date is set in stone. All of our stuff is being shipped back home on the 5th. Children's Miracle Network back home is helping us with the expenses and I am so grateful to them. The day we actually get off the plane and we are home will be a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!!!


My Mom and Denise are moving all of our stuff into the new apartment this weekend. I do not know what I would do without the two of them. I owe Denise and my mom so much. They have went over and beyond for us. I love you both THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I also want to say a very special Thank You to our Church back home. Mrs Helen and Bobbie are such wonderful people. Before we left they did a fundraiser for Alicia and the money that was raised is being used to help with the rent in our new apartment. This will give me time to care for Alicia and not rush back to work. I am so grateful to all of them. THANK YOU!!!!!! I can not wait for the day Alicia and I can return back to church.


Alicia has another appointment Friday, hopefully we will not have the same experience as last week. I will let everyone know how it goes. She is doing so well at this point, at this moment she is in the bathroom putting on lipstick. (it should be named face stick ) I better get in there before she turns into a clown. Thank you so much for all of the support and prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys to go home!!! Great news about the apartment also. If you have a chance, please post a photo of Alicia with her lip stick on. She is such a little lady. Hope you are having a good day. Dianne

Anonymous said...

Counting down the days with you!
Continuing to pray as always!
Psalms 31:9 Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly.

Psalms 31:14-15 But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God. My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Momma Bear said...

Wonderful news! I know Alicia is estatic!

Blessings and Bear Hugs,

Charisse said...

Wonderful! It is so great to hear Alicia is going home. I need to tell my prayer group as we have been praying for her. I am so happy for you all. Michelle. God is good, isn't He?
Love Charisse