CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day +237

The Infectious disease team came and seen Alicia yesterday and she has officially broken the record. I am just so proud of her ( yeah right ) There was one of the bacterias that even they can not find anything info on just minimal he said. He did agree that the antibiotics she was on is the right treatment, but he also said she would have to be inpatient through the whole course of antibiotics.


So the plan today in rounds is to have the mediport put in a week from today on the 18th and then be discharged on the 20th which is a Friday. So it looks like we still have another week inpatient for sure. Doc Davies said yesterday that we are still on the road for home so I am hoping to at least go to Kansas by the week of March 10th. That is a two weeks past the original plan but I am ok with that. At least I will be home for Lil Anshons 2nd Birthday which I am excited about.


I decided to include a list of all the bacterias. What scares me the most is after the antibiotics are done that any of them do not grow back. The Lord has been on our side for this whole Journey and I trust and have Faith he is going to guide us through this obstacle also. Thank you so much for the many prayers.

1. Enterobacter Cloacae
2. Pseudomonas Putida
3. Pseudomonas Aeruginosa
4. Acinetobacter Species
5. Pantoea Species
6. Chryseobacterium Meningosepticum

Now if those are not enough to scare anyone. Can anyone even pronounce one?

3 comments:

Charisse said...

Lol! That sure is a bunch of bacterias! Hard to pronouce but if you are familiar with it, then a little easier. I pray that once they are gone, they will never come back. No wonder she had such a fever! Wow!
It is exciting that you still get to go home soon :-)
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope they can figure this out soon!
Know that I'm here praying hard!
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Momma Bear said...

Hey!

Guess who has had atleast half of them???? Yes! Nicholas! Now just being d/c, we have another one to add to our list! Glad she is fever free!
Hang in there!
Blessings and Bear Hugs,