CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day +234

I just wanted to update everyone real quick. I am sorry I did not update everyone yesterday but it was so very busy with Mommy and Daddy here and we had some very much needed "Family time". Erika and Anson are leaving for the Airport in 30 minutes so the tears are starting to roll.


Alicia was moved from the ICU Friday and her Pic line was removed also. She has been fever free since we have been on the BMT floor. We learned yesterday that there is not just one type of bacteria growing in her lines. They have already detected 5 different kinds which is not good. All five are responding to the antibiotics which is good news. I will let everyone know more when I find it out. I do know that they are planning to have her Pic line replaced tomorrow so that means only one more day of being poked. She is already on her 3rd IV. She will have to be on a long coverage of antibiotics to fight the bacteria they just have not determined whether all of that time we will have to be inpatient.


Thank you for all of your support and I will update when I find out more. Here are some pictures I took just before we left the ICU. I know everyone wonders why I am never in the pictures, someone has to operate the camera LOL. I am not photogenic.

0 comments: