CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Friday, February 6, 2009

Day +232

O my what a long day yesterday was. I was a walking zombie but I feel a lot better today after some rest. Alicia is doing some what better today. They battled her fevers all night but she has stayed clear of them for the past four hours. Her Blood pressure is under control though which is a HUGE relieve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know everyone was praying for her yesterday and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart and I want to say an extra Thanks to Tina. Thank you so much girl for updating Alicia's site and checking so much on her LOVE YA!!!!!!!!!!!


It all started yesterday morning I woke up after only sleeping for two hours. I stayed up late and watched 9 episodes of Dog the Bounty Hunter. I couldn't sleep probably from the excitement of knowing Erika and Anshon were on the way. Any way when I went to change Alicia's pull up she was as hot as an oven. I took her temp and is was at 106. When we got to the ER she was at 105.7 with her heart rate at 262 and she was breathing very hard so they took her to the Trauma room and she was swarmed with Doctors from there. They started three different Antibiotics and that's when her Blood pressure bottomed. She got as low as 39/21 so she ended up going to the ER.


Erika and Anshon got her around 7:30 last night and of course when Alicia seen them and of course she was healed. She turned the light on sat up and her and Daddy started playing video games. ( I could of strangled her LOL). After Alicia fell back asleep we went to grab something to eat and then I came back to stay with Alicia at the Hospital so I would not miss the Doc's in the morning. I slept really well and fell a lot better today. Her Blood Cultures came back that they had drawn in the ER and it showed that she has bacteria growing in both of her Pic Lines so that was the cause of the high fever. They are pulling her line today and she will have to have regular Iv's put in until she has a Negative culture which could take a couple of days. Then they will either put in another Pic or go back and put in another Central Line we are not sure which one yet.


I will keep everyone posted. Thank you again for the many prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. So relieved Alicia's blood pressure is under control. You are all in my ongoing prayers. Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

So happy that Alicia is doing better! Thank God.

Charisse said...

What a relief that her blood pressure is under control. We are always praying. Transplant and recovery are such a long road at times. It is amazing how children react to their mummy! Hehe...
I am glad you got a better sleep last night and pray the infection clears up so a line can be placed again.
Lots of love,
Charisse

Mary Ann Fiaschetti said...

Michelle,
Prayers are answered! Thank goodness that Alicia is doing better. Thank goodness Erika and your son-in-law are there to help you. Many hugs and prayers,
Mary Ann Fiaschetti

Anonymous said...

You just never have a dull moment around there, do you? Glad she's improved so much already!
You just never have a dull moment around there, do you? Glad she's improved so much already!
Continuing to lift up prayers!
Psalms 46:10-11 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
Prayer Bears
My email address