CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Thursday, July 16, 2009

Michelle hospitalized


***UPDATE*** Michelle is feeling better. She is still in the hospital, but resting. She even ate today.


Alicia is good, no change with her. She is still having alot of stools.

Below is a couple of photos. I know not very nice looking. Michelle wanted you all to see her new PICC line and her bruising.

Thanks for checking in

Krisstina


Michelle has been admitted to the hospital. When she went in this morning to receive pain management a fluids she had a fever so they admitted her. She is getting a PICC line. She will also be getting a full body CT scan. They are looking to find what is going on with her.

PLEASE PRAY FOR HER SHE IS UNDER AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF PAIN!

Last night when I went by to see her, she had been very ill before we got there. She had been vomiting and she did not look very well. She has been bleeding alot from her incisions, because she is very bruised! It is very bad! They say that the only way to get the bruising gone is for them to bleed the hematoma's out.

We will be going to see her this evening and will update when we return.



Alicia is doing well, Having fun with mommy!!!

Krisstina

12 comments:

Charisse said...

Krisstina,
thank you for the update. Alan, Isaac and I are specifically praying for Michelle. We have been praying for her at prayer meeting as well and we will continue. I will let them know the latest news. I feel quite concerned for her. Please, let Michelle know that she has prayer support from Australia, from us. Is there a phone number I can contact Michelle on at any point? Naturally, I never want to overwhelm her by ringing when she is tired. I would have to work out the time difference. Praying for the bleeding to stop, the pain to go, the fever to be gone and for nothing else to be wrong.
Lots of LOVE!!!
Charisse

Anonymous said...

I just missed last night and look at all that happened! Michelle, you have to do what's best for YOU! Praying for your family right now!
Psalms 91:14-15 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

Mary Ann Gormley said...

Thank you for the update...am praying hard for her.
Please tell Michelle that I am thinking about her and praying that she will soon be healed and the pain will be gone.
The photo of Alicia and Erika is beautiful...Alicia looks so good.
Love,
Mary Ann

Kristin Young said...

Michelle, my heart is just breaking for you. I don't even usually write because what I read is just so awful I'm at a loss for words. Please know I'm praying for you to heal quickly. I am so sorry for what you are going through.

Mary Ann Fiaschetti said...

Michelle,
I hope you can feel the love and prayers everyone in our FAmily has for you. You are one tough cookie; I know you will pull through this.
Blessings and hugs,
Mary Ann Fiaschetti

Anonymous said...

How about the next picture one of you smiling, out of the hospital? Oh my that looks horrible! I didn't know they put PICC lines in the arm like that!
Know that I'm here lifting your family up in prayer!
Hebrews 6:17-20 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
2 Samuel 22:31-33 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God? God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Kristin Young said...

Damn girl! Those are some impressive pictures! You poor thing! You're worse than a turkey carved up for Thanksgiving! I pray you heal quickly, and painlessly so you can get back to hugging those grandbabies!

Tracy said...

Oh wow. That is a lot of bruising. I am glad Michelle is feeling better.Keeping you all in my prayers.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/margaretreed1

Lynn said...

Been a while since there was an update! Hope everything's okay!
Praying!
Psalms 27:6-7 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD. Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Saying a prayer right now!
Psalms 27:13-14 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Charisse said...

Dearest Michelle,
what impressive photos! Looks very sore! We are still praying for you.
Love Charisse