CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Tuesday, July 7, 2009

MY SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was probably one of the best days ever. I felt pretty good and I got the surprise of my life!!!!!!! Denise arrived around ten pm and she told me to come out and help with her bags and said she had a surprise for me and when I walked out there stood MY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so surprised and so HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She came to see me through my surgery while Denise stays with Alicia. I cried like a baby.


I went to see the Surgeon also yesterday and he said that he is going to try his hardest to do the surgery with the Robot but if he did have to open me back up that he would not use the same incisions as the last surgery. He was very pleased with the way it was healing and did not want to touch it. ( THANKS KIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I am on a clear liquid diet all day so I get to watch my sister and mom eat Crabs at Joes Crab Shack.


Alicia has an appointment today for more labs. She seems to be feeling fine and is just so elated that Ne Ne is here. She seems to be fine now with being admitted since Denise is going with her.

Tina is going to updated at the same time every day through my surgery ( Thanks Girl!!!!!!!!)


Thank you for all of the support.

6 comments:

Dianne said...

What a wonderful surprise to have your Mom there, along with Denise. You are in my ongoing thoughts and prayers! Love, Dianne

Mary Ann Fiaschetti said...

Michelle,
I am so happy for you! We will be storming heaven with prayers for a safe, quick surgery and recovery. Praying that it can be done robotically; healing will be so much easier for you. Please know we are sending hugs and prayers your way!
Love,
the Fiaschetti FAmily

Charisse said...

What a wonderful surprise! We all need our mothers at some point in our lives. There is nothing like a mum! I am So excited. We actually prayed that God would send you your own person, to support just YOU during the surgery! That is what we prayed at prayer meeting last Thursday! Praise the Lord. Praying you through this my love!
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

So glad your mom's there to help you through this!
Continuing to pray!
Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Dianne said...

Hi Michelle,

Just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers today, as you undergo the surgery.

With Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm always here praying!
2 Corinthians 12:8-10 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
Prayer Bears
My email address