CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Thursday, July 16, 2009

Still Alive!

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update, I now how everyone has been so worried and wondering.

I don't want to mislead anyone, I am still in a horrible amount of pain. I am very very bruised, as the Doc puts it "it looks like I have been ran over by a bus". Today I had to go in for pain management and I got four doses of Morphine along with two bags of fluid. I stay very light headed and it is almost impossible for me to get out of bed. I have an enormous amount of blood coming from my incisions but Dr Richards said that is going to happen until the bruising goes away. He has me on two different types of Pain meds, Antibiotics, inflammatory, and anti anxiety meds. I have not been able to eat either. I am going in tomorrow for more pain management so it can help me heal.


I also found out that I am going to have to have some Chemo as soon as I heal. The Cancer was contained in my uterus but Dr Richards said he needs to make sure he got all of the cells. My family has been on me about coming home for the Chemo but I am still concerned for Alicia and do not know if that is the right thing to do. Alicia has a virus in her stool and they are still vry very runny and tummy pains now and I do not want her to have to be hospitalized at home if I can avoid it.


Erika is here and Alicia is in Heaven. Erika is a huge help as my mom and Denise were as well. I just do not know what is the right thing to do yet. I have to figure out some means of financial help if I stay through the Chemo as I have ran out of all finances. I just have a lot of thinking to do.

I will update more later. Please keep the prayers coming.

2 comments:

Mary Ann Gormley said...

Dear Michelle,

You've had a rough time of it and of course, you're sore...you had two major surgeries in a month. Please be good to yourself and let yourself rest and heal. I hope that you can stay in Cincinatti for the chemo since that is where Alicia is and where the doctors that know your case are (and besides the fact that it is a great hospital).
Continuing to think of you and praying very hard.
Love,
Mary Ann

Charisse said...

Dearest Michelle,
I am so sorry about all your pain and bleeding. I know that you must be feeling SO scared with starting chemo. I pray that something is being done to provide, you personally, with some support. When going through chemo, it can be tough and you will need someone to support you, not just Alicia but you. You need your person. Alan and I and our prayer group are specifically praying for you. We continue to pray for Alicia but we felt God has placed your case on our hearts and we are focusing a lot of prayer on you as well. Praying for you to make the right decision my love.
Love Charisse