CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Still holding my breathe................

So far so good. Alicia seems to e doing fine so please keep the prayers coming!!!!!!!!!!! I was up every 30 minutes last night taking Alicia's Temp and so far so good. She kept feeling hot to me all night but the highest she got was 99.6. I thought my thermometer was not working right so I had Kim bring me one around 6am (Kim is always awake at that time of the morning to go to the hospital with her baby) but hers read the same. Alicia is very active and she ate a whole bowl of mac and cheese for lunch so I am still holding my breathe that her own little body is fighting off what ever is going on in there.


Alicia is on the count down for Ne Ne and Mommy to get here. She barely opens her eyes before she asks me how many days til they get here. I can not wait myself. Denise is such a HUGE help and I miss Erika sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I had another rough night, besides taking Alicia's temp so often, I was also hurting a lot. Today is better though. Kim is doing such an Awesome job packing and taking care of my wound, Her and Amy both say how well it is looking. Now if it would only stop hurting. Amy has been a HUGE help also, she takes Alicia off my hands all the time to give me little breaks... They are both such a HUGE support.


Tuesday Tina and I go for one last appointment before the surgery. I am so thankful for Tina being there, she has been my ears and she so understands all of this and can explain it to me in English.


Please keep praying for Alicia not to get sick. We have an appointment at 8:30 in the morning so hopefully her counts have went back to normal. I will update after her appointment tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying in Seattle!
Psalms 121:5-8 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm always here praying!
Psalms 32:6-7 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him. Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Know that your family is always in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 9:9-10 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good weekend!
Know that the Lord is always with you, wrapping His loving arms around you and holding on tight! Praying!
Psalms 18:2-6 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me. In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

hope all's well there!
Here praying as always!
Psalms 18:28-30 For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
Prayer Bears
My email address