CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Saturday, September 27, 2008

Day +100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not believe we are already at day +100. That is the magic number you always hear that means you are ready to go home. And I do not meant the Ronald McDonald house home. I mean Kansas home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not know if I should cry, be sad, laugh, be happy, mad, frustrated, or celebrate. My emotions are just going crazy today. By all means I am not depressed though. Alicia is doing awesome now and I am finally seeing the old Alicia coming out. ( GREAT) I took her for another walk last night in the hall and she did good. Her tummy did start to hurt a little so I had to end up picking her up and bringing her back to the room. They started her a a very small amount of tube feedings yesterday so I am sure she will need tome to for her tummy o get used to it.

They are also stopping her Vancomycin today also. As everyone know the trend has been usually after three days of being off of the Vanc is when the fevers come back. If we can get over that hurdle than I for see us maybe getting out the following week. ( but the discharge word is no longer allowed to be mentioned in our room. We do not want to jinx anything )

So i believe that this is finally our getting better stages. With out the prayer and support of everyone I do not know how we would of made it this far.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray Alicia and Michelle,

100 Days is something to celebrate!!!! And, it was so terrific to read about Alicia walking yesterday. You are truly blessed. We'll keep praying for you all to be homeward bound. Lord knows when the time is right. Our faith in His rewards has been lifted yet again. And, we'll be praying for Denise's recovery also.
Big hugs,
the Fiaschetti FAmily
Mary Ann, David, Joey and Peter

Anonymous said...

Sending out lots of love and prayers!!! Dianne

Lynn said...

I know it has to be so very hard to reach the "magic" number and not be any closer to going home yet...oh I hope she improves and will go home soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stopping by to let you know I'm still here praying hard!
Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Prayer Bears

Teresa said...

I'm feeling emotional right there with you (though obviously, I doubt anyone can feel it as strongly as you and Erica!). That is so wonderful you have made it this far and that things are looking UP and that she is doing so much better. I can't imagine what you must've felt when Alicia said her legs were better. We hope and pray that the GVHD stays away and that Alicia can be evicted from the hospital (trying to avoid the "d" word).

Lots of love and prayers for you guys. Please give Alicia a hug for us.

Love,
Teresa
PS: We hope your sister feels better quickly...